Esee Izula in S35VN Steel

Bearsears

WKR
Hey all I just picked this up and I wanted to show it to the group as the Izula is such a popular knife here already. Esee just started offering the Izula in S35VN a few months back. This is the same steel some of the higher end skinning knives are using like the Argali's but instead of near 200 dollars, I was able to pick it up for 80 bucks. I was thinking about doing a little impromptu and unsolicited review of it. Im going to take on my 2nd season deer/elk hunt as my only knife for breaking down animals and see how it does.

Ill also have some upgrades Im going to try out. So we will see if there functionality warrants the price increase or if they make a stronger case for moving to a different brand knife. If there is any questions post them up.

Attachments

• 20211004_174547.jpg
    20211004_174547.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 167
I really like the Izula and the Izula II. I would add micarta handles as they seem to offer best grip even if knife gets wet or bloody. I used mine on antelope recently.

I might have to get one in the S35VN. I Look forward to your review.

It's a great design. I also recommend you take a look at the Bradford G-Necker in Elmax. Pretty much the same but I just find I prefer it a little to the Izula. Same price - 79 bucks from Bradford's site.

I really like the Izula and the Izula II. I would add micarta handles as they seem to offer best grip even if knife gets wet or bloody. I used mine on antelope recently.

I might have to get one in the S35VN. I Look forward to your review.
Some handles would be nice.

That’s a lot of knife for short money. As long as the blanks are tempered properly, it’s a good stainless for most part

Back