ElkNut app

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Seems my app hasn’t asked for an update in a couple years but on the way to hunt it suggested it. After I did, I had no access to my content….instead they changed to an annual subscription and I’m not seeing a way to bypass that to get to original content and downloads.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Rob5589

WKR
I seem to recall an email saying the app is now an annual subscription. Correct me if wrong.

BBob

WKR
Yup, annual subscription. Got hit with it yesterday when I opened it up and couldn't access. Originally an Apple App store purchase. Contacted them and yes it's gone to an annual $14.95 subscription. If you purchased after I think 07/01/2022 you can get access for a year at the $10 app fee you paid if you follow the link. Other than that it's pay up the $14.95 to get access.

OP
S

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, annual subscription. Got hit with it yesterday when I opened it up and couldn't access. Originally an Apple App store purchase. Contacted them and yes it's gone to an annual $14.95 subscription. If you purchased after I think 07/01/2022 you can get access for a year at the $10 app fee you paid if you follow the link. Other than that it's pay up the $14.95 to get access.
Thanks for the info. It was a cheap original purchase at the time but I won’t be subscribing to the new plan.
Maybe my recorded downloads will be helpful for them to show the new subscribers how not to call…..
That being said, I’m guessing I can’t get any of that content back without paying a price?

Deadfall

WKR
Good for elknut. That dude gives lethal information. Bout time he he upped the anti for that information.

Kinda funny...when I first ran across that dude on YouTube I was so mad he was giving out critical details. Now here I am rooting for his success....

Weird how guys are so wrapped up in the YouTube horn blowing escapades they bypass the critical details...

Anyway I'm a firm believer he gives out the best most lethal information out there.

If you haven't devoted your entire life to hunting...You should have his app...

Opinion of a rambling hillbilly

Dennis

WKR
Paul is a great guy and a wealth of knowledge, however the timing of the new app during elk season seems like a bad idea. I did manage to get the new app downloaded and spent hours downloading sounds and videos to my phone again. If you have the app and hope to use it in the field I would suggest looking at your app to see what is there. Good luck to all!

Read1t48

WKR
I have learned a lot from the app over the years and his sequences definitely work! Developing an app is a very expensive process - both in time and money. For all the things that everyone spends on hunting, I think this app is well worth the money.

It’s hard to find somebody more enthusiastic than Paul and I think he gives pretty selflessly to those looking for help in becoming better elk hunters.

There are some social media influencers in the hunting community that want to have elk play by their standards. They know that their methodologies will not bring all elk into range but they are OK with that.

I like Paul because he teaches hunters how to have encounters with any elk all the way up to a herd bull and he focuses on helping the hunter understand what the elk are saying. It is a language and emotions in your calling matter. He works to teach a hunter how to have success with any bull of any disposition.

I will be renewing my app to support Paul and all his work over the years.

OP
S

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Paul is a great guy and a wealth of knowledge, however the timing of the new app during elk season seems like a bad idea. I did manage to get the new app downloaded and spent hours downloading sounds and videos to my phone again. If you have the app and hope to use it in the field I would suggest looking at your app to see what is there. Good luck to all!
I guess that’s what bothers me the most—The timing of it

I guess that’s what bothers me the most—The timing of it
Yeah, don't love that I was wondering about it today as I tried to sign in but couldn't. That said, I fully respect all that Deadfall said and it was a ridiculously cheap one time purchase for all the resources that go into developing the easy to access app and content.

If someone is providing genuine value at a fair price, I fully respect it.

Good luck to all out there this season !!

Brooks

WKR
What’s a Elk Nut app ? I’ve been in on 2 bull kills already this year anyone want to pay me for how I do it ? lol….

BBob

WKR
Reach out to them. I have no doubt they'll refund the extra fee you paid and honor the $10 App payment for your first year. I also have no doubt that if you want a total refund they'll do that too.

I'll PM you a direct contact and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

PS I have no direct connection to these guys, only forwarding the info and what I experienced with this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beckjhong

WKR
IMO, @ElkNut1 is enthusiastic, genuine, brilliant and talented. I like the delivery and quality of his info. Compared to some of the other “big name” callers out there, I think Paul genuinely wants to impart knowledge, while others want to hustle your money to strike it rich. I’ll happily subscribe. A year subscription for the cost of 1.5 dehydrated meals is a bargain.

Rob5589

WKR
Out of curiosity I looked at mine. Same old thing, no changes I can see. And I just recently updated it.

Whip

WKR
Yep, mine still works as always. Maybe because I was an early adapter? I've had the app I think since it was first in beta testing.
Best info on elk hunting anywhere - bar none. And well worth the annual subscription if that's the way it is now.

OP
S

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Same here. I just paid for the app a month ago.
If you guys are under 90 days from purchase you submit a form in the new app that I believe will “grandfather” you for a year.
For the rest, if you were notified before August 31st(I had no notification) then you could renew at a 50% discount….I think