Elkfever’s First Antelope Hunt

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Dad and I finally cashed in our points for Wyoming this year and went on our first antelope hunt. It was absolute blast. Far different than most hunts we do, i would say but it was a welcomed pace. Never have passed on so many legal animals and made so many stalks in my life, I have a newfound respect and appreciation for these animals. Their eyesight at distance is ridiculous but their curiosity is a definite weak spot. It was the “nail in the coffin” for my buck. And did I mention how absolutely gorgeous and cool these animals are up close?

Dad took his buck on opening afternoon @ 100 yards. I took mine a few days later at 294 yards.

We had a couple extra days to enjoy some of the local sights and do some fishing. Can’t wait for the next trip, hope the herds rebound quickly from this last winter.

Attachments

• IMG_8238.jpeg
    IMG_8238.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4273.jpeg
    IMG_4273.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4281.jpeg
    IMG_4281.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4295.jpeg
    IMG_4295.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_8287.jpeg
    IMG_8287.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_8278.jpeg
    IMG_8278.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_8283.jpeg
    IMG_8283.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_8296.jpeg
    IMG_8296.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4300.jpeg
    IMG_4300.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4298.jpeg
    IMG_4298.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 131

Rogue Bay

WKR
Dad and I finally cashed in our points for Wyoming this year and went on our first antelope hunt. It was absolute blast. Far different than most hunts we do, i would say but it was a welcomed pace. Never have passed on so many legal animals and made so many stalks in my life, I have a newfound respect and appreciation for these animals. Their eyesight at distance is ridiculous but their curiosity is a definite weak spot. It was the “nail in the coffin” for my buck. And did I mention how absolutely gorgeous and cool these animals are up close?

Dad took his buck on opening afternoon @ 100 yards. I took mine a few days later at 294 yards.

We had a couple extra days to enjoy some of the local sights and do some fishing. Can’t wait for the next trip, hope the herds rebound quickly from this last winter.
Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing it with us. It certainly gives me some thing to dream about and look forward to!

Beautiful photos too!

Awesome trip and great photos!

I also made my first western trip / first antelope trip to Wyoming. It was better than I anticipated. We notched all tags. Some goats lucked into and others where we had to work hard to seal the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you guys. It definitely made me look at other opportunities in other states for antelope in hopes we don’t have to wait so long to draw a tag. Good luck to everyone this fall!

hoodb

FNG
Your antelope hunting trip with your dad sounds fantastic! It's nice that you now appreciate these animals more. Congrats on your successful hunts, and it's cool you had extra time for sightseeing. Here's to more adventures and hope the antelope population bounces back!

custis

FNG

Looks like a lot of fun!

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
Had my first antelope hunt this year in wyoming as well. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Looking forward to the next time.