Elk Shape / MTN Tough

Has anyone had any experience with elk shape or MTN tough? I do CrossFit on the daily and am thinking about switching to one of these “Mountain” focused workout plans.

Has anyone done any of these programs that is in good shape to begin with? I’m younger 25 and in good shape have been doing CrossFit for about 2 years now and just thinking of switching up my daily stuff.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you go back to this Rokcast this summer, @realunlucky had Dustin from MTN Tough on there. It was a good episode and not just a sales job. He kind of explained their program, but I would love to hear what members really think.

I’ve done MTN tough and Ridgeline Athlete. Both are great. I think Ridgeline is better, but the workouts are slightly longer and require a gym. MTN tough is really good as well and has options for less gear/home gyms.

mtnbound

WKR
I have done several MTN Tough programs and one, maybe two, Elkshape programs. I am still including some specific conditioning from MT, but I did not care for their strength programming. They also didn't have any workout-tracking capabilities then. Elkshape just seemed like CrossFit, and I don't remember if there were workout-tracking capabilities. You might also check out Mayhem Hunt, which has multiple daily WODs based on fitness levels and workout tracking capabilities.

NealS02

FNG
I have done Mtn Tough for a year and love it. I am a former CrossFit guy and know the importance of good form on lifts. In CrossFit I just could not stay healthy and was always tweaking something. Mtn Tough is similar intensity with more of an emphasis on muscular endurance rather than max lifts. I’ve been healthy pretty much the last year straight and am in the best shape since my mid 20s (I’m 41 yo). Mtn Tough does trials and offer tons of different programs depending on your gym setup. You probably cannot go wrong with any of the above programs but one may be a better fit. Good luck!

croben

WKR
They both have great programs! Dan owned and ran a CrossFit gym for a lot of years before Elkshape and did a phenomenal job. MTN Tough has a ton of followers and has been successful at getting people of all fitness levels in shape.