Elk on the West side of the Indian Peaks Wilderness?

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone hunted on the West side of the Indian Peaks Wilderness near Granby? I am thinking about heading up there for a scouting trip this weekend, but would be curious to know if any of you have any experience in the area near timberline?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Only way youll know and be assured a successful hunt is to get out there and check it out. I dont think many at this stage of the game are going to be giving out any Where are the elk answers. If they know then I bet you money they plan to hunt the area and in turn dont want you in there. Definitely dont take any offense to this response from me Rye, Just trying to help is all =-) Have you been on the Colorado Wildlife Map yet? It has the best resolution even better then google earth. You can go here http://ndis-flex.nrel.colostate.edu/HuntingAtlas/ turn on aerial views and zoom in close enough to see game trails. If you know what the elk like and where they like to spend their time then you are assured to find elk in the area. Check it out. I only use this map software now to research and check out my GMU area.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Be sure to check out the Game species visibility filter also. it is updated yearly by the COWL Biologists.

OP
R

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for your response, and certainly no offense taken. I'm going to head out there this weekend for a scouting trip, and hopefully I will see some elk since all the elements of their habitat are there.