Elk hunters. What’s your favorite bow to take to the mountains

Geewhiz

WKR
I still shoot a '13 mathews ZXT. I bought it used and have taken 8 bulls with it so far I believe. Shoots just fine. Every time I think about getting a new bow I take a wander to the archery shop to find out the new flagship bows shoot maybe 1-2% faster and only a few oz lighter at a price of only $1800. I'll pass.

P dog

FNG
Hoyt Faktor. Killed many of deer with it but no elk....yet! Just got notified yesterday i drew a leftover WY tag.

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious if PSE is going to make any changes with the Mach 34. They are so popular it seems like they don’t need to.

I’d absolutely love to see Elite do a 35 ata lightweight carbon
I think they will add the new features seen on the Mach 30. Roller gaurd, quiver, lower stab mount, quiver. I have also heard rumor of a new 32/33 inch carbon speed bow in the works.

I’ve been running the Mach34 with only a quiver and sight, it shoots great without a stab for me. Cranked it up to 87lbs and havent had an arrow not pass through yet.

OP
S
I think they will add the new features seen on the Mach 30. Roller gaurd, quiver, lower stab mount, quiver. I have also heard rumor of a new 32/33 inch carbon speed bow in the works.

I’ve been running the Mach34 with only a quiver and sight, it shoots great without a stab for me. Cranked it up to 87lbs and havent had an arrow not pass through yet.
Wow! 87lbs. Your arrow must be screaming! That’s cool it shoots so well like that. Seems like a lot of dudes are running back bars and a stab with those

Took my Evoke 31 with me last year, but didn't fill a tag. It has killed plenty of deer for me and I'm sure it will work great for elk when I don't blow opportunities.

OP
S
Took my Evoke 31 with me last year, but didn't fill a tag. It has killed plenty of deer for me and I'm sure it will work great for elk when I don't blow opportunities.
lol. At least you’re doing well enough to have an encounter. My elk hunting is more hiking with a bow

My favorite bow is the bow I've been hunting with since 2010. I bucked the trend of buying a bow every other year. I bought a Bowtech SR6 and gave my backup bow to a friend a couple years ago and ended up trading him my SR6 to get my backup bow back. I just love my Bowtech D350 and have 2 set up identical. Love my D350!

OP
S
My favorite bow is the bow I've been hunting with since 2010. I bucked the trend of buying a bow every other year. I bought a Bowtech SR6 and gave my backup bow to a friend a couple years ago and ended up trading him my SR6 to get my backup bow back. I just love my Bowtech D350 and have 2 set up identical. Love my D350!
I really like some of the older bows as well. Been looking at picking up an older Elite or Hoyt.

Steven.Elmore

Lil-Rokslider
Mathews VXR 31.5, won it in 2020 at a RMEF banquet. I have a V3X but it does not shoot the same, the VXR is probably one of my all time favorites.

Mathews DXT! Bought it the week after HS graduation and still kicking. Haven't shot an elk with it yet but plenty of deer and other critters.

Backyard

WKR
My Prime Centergy works well for me. But
It’s also my only bow along with my old backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk