Elk hunters. What’s your favorite bow to take to the mountains

My Mathews MQ 32 its light weight, short, long brace height, forgiving and I'm very accurate with it but I wont shoot over 50 yards with it.

Reactions: ZDR

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Smartass answer: the one I shoot the best, since I’ll have the most confidence with it. I want broadheads hitting behind my pin, so I’ll take the bow that does that for me. This season it’ll be my Evolve ds 33.

OP
S
Smartass answer: the one I shoot the best, since I’ll have the most confidence with it. I want broadheads hitting behind my pin, so I’ll take the bow that does that for me. This season it’ll be my Evolve ds 33.

Yeah makes sense. I think that’s what I’ll end up doing. If I go high elevation again I’ll wish I bought a carbon lightweight bow though lol

I love my Mathews V3. It’s worth every penny. I’m a fan of spending money once to get what you want, opposed to going a cheaper route and end up not being happy and spending more to make it right.

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt RX-7 Ultra. Carbon riser, but not especially light by the time I get my heavy-ish accessories added. Before this, I used a shorter RX-3, but shoot the longer bow a tad better at distance so it's the go to now.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

OP
S
Hoyt RX-7 Ultra. Carbon riser, but not especially light by the time I get my heavy-ish accessories added. Before this, I used a shorter RX-3, but shoot the longer bow a tad better at distance so it's the go to now.

Those shoot super nice. I really like the string angle but I’m a longer draw.

I tend to shoot the longer ata bows a bit better.

I had a pse hd decree that was 35 ata and only weighed 4lbs. It was literally the perfect bow for me but the cam blew up after years of service though

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Those shoot super nice. I really like the string angle but I’m a longer draw.

I tend to shoot the longer ata bows a bit better.

I had a pse hd decree that was 35 ata and only weighed 4lbs. It was literally the perfect bow for me but the cam blew up after years of service though
I'm 29 3/4" draw and the string angle feels much better to me on the longer bow. I started out shooting 40" and over ata bows, so it's kind of funny to call 34-35" bows "long." But with parallel, and beyond, limb tech you essentially get the same riser length stability in a much shorter ata bow now.

OP
S
I’m curious if PSE is going to make any changes with the Mach 34. They are so popular it seems like they don’t need to.

I’d absolutely love to see Elite do a 35 ata lightweight carbon