Electrical Tape on muzzle

The electrical tape will most likely blow off due to pressure before the round even gets there. Always wrapped my side and radial brakes. Deer, antelope and elk taken 100 to 550 yards. This isn't a blockage in a shotgun its flimsy tape. Hence, tape prevents rifler barrel from getting said blockage

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
An alder catkin or chunk of alder twig will ruin your day if it falls into the end of your barrel (and yep, I’ve had both happen - found them after thinking it was a good idea to peek down the tube.)

Zero change of impact out to 1000 yards tape vs no tape.

Run a line over the muzzle, pulled tight. Run a few wraps around your tag ends for spare, and you are golden.
I’ve watched guys do it with duct tape/gorilla tape in a pinch as well. High pressure air will blow it off long before the bullet gets there.

...... i run a brake so I'm thinking I'm gonna try balloons
Balloons, finger cots, etc are too fragile and seem to get torn off when walking through brush, or putting the rifle in a saddle scabbard on horseback, etc. Even just putting it in and taking it out of the rifle case causes damage to them. I've used the Birchwood Casey barrel cots, and had to replace them almost daily. The electrical tape lasts the entire hunt, until you pull the trigger. I have a brake on my rifle, and it just takes a little more tape to wrap it up.

i started wrapping up with electrical tape 7 years ago and prior to shooting i would take it off. Then i forgot once and the animal still died and nothing bad happened, so now i dont even worry about it and shot right through it. If for some reason youre worried about bullet performance, wrap it up when you are sighting in.

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Balloons, finger cots, etc are too fragile and seem to get torn off when walking through brush, or putting the rifle in a saddle scabbard on horseback, etc. Even just putting it in and taking it out of the rifle case causes damage to them. I've used the Birchwood Casey barrel cots, and had to replace them almost daily. The electrical tape lasts the entire hunt, until you pull the trigger. I have a brake on my rifle, and it just takes a little more tape to wrap it up.
I was on a hunt last year and someone brought the little rubber things which I was pretty excited about and we tried them. Everyone’s was torn open after the first day. Never again. Electrical tape for life. You can even get fun colors. If you get the orange tape the animals won’t run away as they think it’s just a nerf gun.

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Do they make headlight colored tape so we can get them to either freeze or run towards us? :unsure:
I mean they do make yellow, white, and blue… just decide your headlight social class and have at it. Should work. I have used white tape and am 69/420 in melee kills.

I've been using electrical tape on the muzzle of my rifles for years with no adverse effects. Keeps the snow out in the winter and water, mud, or debris out in the fall!
Same here. I had some folks in town say it's like a blockage. It's really not It prevents them

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
I put a couple layered strips of bright orange tape on the bottom of my magazine, makes it easier to find if it pops out, and is a convenient place to store extra tape for the barrel muzzle.

AKDoc

WKR
I'm glad to hear that so many guys are doing what I've been doing for years with electrical tape over the muzzle. It IS the way to go in wet conditions up here.

One time years ago I bought a package of the "muzzle condoms" (my term). Tested them on a spring bear hunt, and I blew through all of them in one trip...tearing off when brush busting, barrel pushing through, etc. Those sucked.