Electric dirt bikes?

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
Not talking about E bicycles, I mean the ones that look like a motorcycle. Who has one that they really like for hunting? Please share your experience.

Something like this;

One of our guys has one and brings it to camp each year for the early and mid-season hunts. At first I was skeptical but have to admit they are ground eating machines including off trail and some steep hills. He charges it at night off a Honda 2000 watt generator we have running for heat. I can't speak to range because he has never gone over 15 miles in a day. I suspect the dept. game and fish will soon decide they need to follow gas dirt bike rules and limit where it can be used- no off trail etc.

Bluefish

WKR
One of our guys has one and brings it to camp each year for the early and mid-season hunts. At first I was skeptical but have to admit they are ground eating machines including off trail and some steep hills. He charges it at night off a Honda 2000 watt generator we have running for heat. I can't speak to range because he has never gone over 15 miles in a day. I suspect the dept. game and fish will soon decide they need to follow gas dirt bike rules and limit where it can be used- no off trail etc.
Most states, if over 750 watts, they are already classified as a motor vehicle and just like a motorcycle legally. I am not sure this in enforced.

I’m looking at the Surron light has anyone compared them to the bigger ones? I’m not looking for a hunting rig. I just think it would be a cool pit bike that’s actually capable of doing some riding. I have plenty of full size bikes so the light weight is an attraction for me.

I’ve been looking at these quite a bit myself. I may pull the trigger on one in a few months.
They weren’t even on my radar until my buddy and I had clearly to much free time at work today. After 5 minutes on YouTube we both are 100% sold we need this! I’m not sure yet how to sell the wife. The last ktm that showed up magically didn’t go great so, sneak attack is out.

vladkgb

FNG
I’ve been looking at these quite a bit myself. I may pull the trigger on one in a few months.
I’m looking at the Surron light has anyone compared them to the bigger ones? I’m not looking for a hunting rig. I just think it would be a cool pit bike that’s actually capable of doing some riding. I have plenty of full size bikes so the light weight is an attraction for
I use my sur ton for fun and hunting. I also have a heavy CAB falcon, it's faster, has more range and loading capacity, but it's almost 200lbs, which makes it a pain to load/unload and also go up anything steep or technical. Since there's no clutch, the torque is instant so for going up steep hills the heavy bike is almost useless. Sur ron is lighter, and has economy mode which limits torque output, which helps on steep stuff. I prefer the Sur ron if I know I'm going to be on technical or steep terrain.

Is that the light surron? Does it get up hills ok? I really don’t want a heavy one I might as well ride my 300 if I’m tossing around a 200lb bike

vladkgb

FNG
Is that the light surron? Does it get up hills ok? I really don’t want a heavy one I might as well ride my 300 if I’m tossing around a 200lb bike
Yes the Sur Ron light bee. It gets up hills like a champ, and really forgiving on the technical stuff, like rocky, rooted forest roads

I use my Volcon grunt all the time for hunting. 35 miles per battery but has slot for second battery onboard to get 70. It’s a tank and more like a 2 wheeled atv. No problem on any hill in fastest mode.

IMG_2740.jpeg

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
Should be interesting when they show up on moutain bike trails. Also on national forest grounds limited to 750 watts. They look really cool though. I'm all for it.
This guy is wrong... I don't know why this is so hard for e-bike users to wrap their heads around. E-BIKES OF ANY VARIETY ARE MANAGED AS MOTORIZED VEHICLES ON FOREST SERVICE LAND! There are not wattage limits because they aren't allowed on non- motorized trails, except in very limited cases where the local manager has approved "e-bike" use on specific mountain bike trails. They are not allowed off trail either for that matter.

Yes the Sur Ron light bee. It gets up hills like a champ, and really forgiving on the technical stuff, like rocky, rooted forest roads
Awesome. Thank you. I rode an Alta years ago I was definitely impressed with the power they made. I ran a sales pitch for surron by my wife and she thinks she wants one too. I guess buying two is better than being told I can’t buy one!

IdahoElk

WKR
I’m looking at the Surron light has anyone compared them to the bigger ones? I’m not looking for a hunting rig. I just think it would be a cool pit bike that’s actually capable of doing some riding. I have plenty of full size bikes so the light weight is an attraction for me.
Are you looking to be quiet? I ride a full size 2stroke trail bike in the summer then switch to my 4stroke 200 trials bike for hunting, it's like riding a mountain bike, will go just about anywhere and pretty quiet.

Are you looking to be quiet? I ride a full size 2stroke trail bike in the summer then switch to my 4stroke 200 trials bike for hunting, it's like riding a mountain bike, will go just about anywhere and pretty quiet.
I’m just looking for another toy mostly. I have a couple 150s a few Honda 2 strokes 250 and 500s and my normal trail bike is a ktm 300. These look like they be a cool pit bike when we are camping I can actually play around on trails as well tho. I have a pretty decent mountain bike for hunting off. E bikes are too much of a grey area for me to dabble in hunting I’ll pedal if I’m behind gates. Around here at least for hunting anywhere you can take a motorcycle legally you can take your truck.

IdahoElk

WKR
I’m just looking for another toy mostly. I have a couple 150s a few Honda 2 strokes 250 and 500s and my normal trail bike is a ktm 300. These look like they be a cool pit bike when we are camping I can actually play around on trails as well tho. I have a pretty decent mountain bike for hunting off. E bikes are too much of a grey area for me to dabble in hunting I’ll pedal if I’m behind gates. Around here at least for hunting anywhere you can take a motorcycle legally you can take your truck.
I hear you, I wanted to get a Sur Ron real bad a year ago to make a stealth hunting bike but didn't want to drop the $$$ for a few weeks in the fall and it doesn't have the range to do the 40-60mile single track rides in the summer.