• Self employed and shut down right now

• You do not know anyone with COVID-19

• You know someone who has COVID-19

• You know someone who has died from COVID-19

• You know someone who has recovered from COVID-19

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fatcamp

WKR
I can tell you this. ERs are not overesaturated with patients in my state. Hospitals in my area are down 60%. Including the big trauma centers in large cities.

One trauma center has closed ENTIRE FLOORS of their hospital due to lack of admissions.

My hospital just cancelled all overtime. And they are starting to furlough workers, including nurses.

All of our clinics and all elective procedures have been closed/cancelled. Even my floor has a wing closed .

That idea that if you have a nursing degree you will always have work has proven untrue, even now during the most dramatic health event in modern history. Quite the irony.

Working. Negative to everything else outside the hospital.

SHoug07

FNG
I am a school district transportation mechanic. We have vehicles delivering food in the community, so we were moved to stay home on call situation. With schools in Washington closing the remainder of the year as of yesterday things might be changing soon.

I don't know anyone personally but have heard of some second hand. Closest would be my coworkers wife's coworker.

Hopefully when all said and done peoples health and financial recovery are swift.

Poser

WKR
I work in digital marketing. My company did lay-off a handful of people initially, but so far, we are hanging In There. We’ve had tens of thousand of dollars of cancellations and accounts pausing, but we have also gotten new accounts for brand messaging, crisis response, setting restaurant websites up for online ordering and marketing to people stuck at home looking at the internet all day. Probably get a boost as companies start looking to get a piece of these stimulus checks, too. It’s not enough $ to offset the losses, but seems to be enough to keep us afloat for the time being. While I am nervous, I am also lucky.

Floorguy

WKR
I am glad Alaska is taking the precautions it is. This virus attack the respiratory system causing even healthy adults to have issues. Children typically don't have as many issues as adults, however if you look at RSV a respiratory disease it usually doesn't cause issues in children except in Alaska in the villages particularly. From January to mid march we would medevac a child a day sometimes as many as 4 out of Bethel to Anchorage. Multiple times the Peds ICU was filled at ANMC and we actually filled Prov's PICU and had to use their ER. We wound up flying the worst down to Seattle. If covid-19 spreads here like in some other places it has the potential to kill whole villages because they all have compromised respiratory systems.

So right now I am thankful we don't have it as bad as other places and pray it stays that way. I don't need to be around a bunch of people dying to feel like its worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk