Easy on the join workouts???

KMT

WKR
I know you said workout at home, but if you live close to some mountain biking trails, you could give it a try. I usually climb for 45 minutes to an hour as fast as I can...which for me is like doing several sprints. Then, as a reward for my self punishment, I get to fly down the hill with a huge adrenaline rush. And all with no lower back or knee pain. Of course, sometimes there is a little trail rash.

E72

FNG
Used to do a lot of heavy weight lifting, light cardio. Now that I hit 40 , realizing my joints cant handle it . Tried getting into running but I remembered quickly ,Im not much of a runner. Ive been hitting the TM with a backpack loaded with 2 liter pop bottles. Change the incline and speed. Now that the weather is starting to break ,Ill be hiking on a few local trails around here and scouting for turkey with weight in my pack.

lintond

WKR
Some alternatives to running.... The stair master always kicks my keester with a slow steady burn. Cycling is a low impact option, but typically takes more time. Another option is the erg (rowing machine) which gets cardio, legs, and core all in the same workout. Good luck with your training!