Easton axis 5mm spine?

Looking at building some arrows. I plan on using 5mm axis match grade. I shoot a 70lb pse evl at 29.5”. I want to use the 85gr ethics components with a 100 or 125 grain head. Would you think I would be underspined with the 300 with all the point weight and should maybe go with the 260. Just seeing if anyone has built something similar in the past.

OR Archer

WKR
Depends on your cut length.

I’d opt on using a 75gr brass HIT insert with an Iron Will aluminum collar before the Ethics. Youll have much better durability.

Reactions: Zac
With a compound bow you're going to have a better time being over spined vs under spined. That said I think you'd be fine with the 300, and if it's too weak cutting down some of that point weight isn't going to hurt anything.

Marble

WKR
Depends on your cut length.

I’d opt on using a 75gr brass HIT insert with an Iron Will aluminum collar before the Ethics. Youll have much better durability.
Yep.

Just get the brass hits and the BARS if you want something to beef up the end a little. They are very durable with or without the BAR.

My set up with 28" arrow, 50 grain insert and 125 tips weighs right about 520 grains.

29" DL and 72 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Button

WKR
I’m looking at the same arrows and in the same boat. My bow is set to a 30.5” draw but I think it might need to be increased a tad. Even though my poundage is turned down right now I am slowly increasing it and will be 65-70# in several months.