Early morning wake-up’s

I wake up between 3 and 3:30 every weekday and go to the gym before work I’ve always been up early but since I started doing this years ago getting up early for hunting season is almost like sleeping in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
I've been getting up at 3 for work so I'm hoping it will be easier. Seems to really wear me down wen I'm a couple days in especially if ur hiking an hour or 2 in the dark and then hunt hard all day then get back to camp late then get your food ready for the next day. Makes for short nights. Can't wait for the bugles tho. Gonna be good

applesauce4000

Lil-Rokslider
The hardest part for me is the get out of the sleeping bag cold part. The brother in law just got a stove tent, maybe I can borrow it! :ROFLMAO:

KurtR

WKR
4:30 is early thats just a normal day going to work. Early goose starts this weekend so it will be early every day till all the water freezes now

It's not my favorite thing to crawl out of a warm sleeping bag into the cold morning... that's for sure. You have to learn to embrace the first twenty minutes of hiking as your "warm up fire".

I get up everyday around 4:30 already. Sometimes I can’t wait to get out of that sleeping bag and stretch my cramped muscles and sore back. 🤣 or to pee! Sucks getting old! I have to admit though that last year on day 10 I seriously thought about sleeping in. Forced myself to get out of bed and go hunt thinking that “this could be the day”. Turns out that it was.

manitou1

WKR
I am the world's worst about sleep deprivation while hunting.
I stay up too late and can't go to sleep after shoveling a dehydrated meal... or any meal down.

airnjones

FNG
The waking up isn't the hard part. It's putting that pack on for the first time each morning that gets me.

Walthers

FNG
Yep. I am not into mornings but I try to adjust my schedule before I go hunt becuase my days start late but go late when I’m not hunting.
My hunting buddies give me a hard time, they say I sound like an old lady at a funeral when I’m getting up. It does make for a good laugh in the dark while getting motivated.

Getting up in the middle of the night to change diapers and feed a baby sucks.

Rising early in the magical fall months for hunting is as much of a problem as staying up late to celebrate a successful kill.

I have no problem with either.

You would think that living back east having a two hour time difference would make it easy to get up at 4 AM. But getting your ass kicked every day changes all that.

Every morning I mumble “I’m gonna need an effing vacation after this vacation“

That being said, do not expect it to arrive back home sometime on Sunday and make it to work Monday morning. You will be calling off. Instead, you’ll need to sit in your favorite sitting spot for 36 to 48 hours before you can make it to work.