Early morning wake-up’s

Early season elk days are longggggggg anyone else can’t stand those 4:30am wake-up’s ? I dread them.

Another plus about the last weeks of archery.

I know the feeling. Elk hunting is hard and beats a guy down. So important to get good sleep. Part of why I take the weight penalty for a couple comforts at camp.

Poser

WKR
I started getting up at 4:30 at home every day because I was always struggling with getting up so early out in the backcountry and on the weekends. -makes getting up at 3:30 or even 2:30 way easier.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Early season elk days are longggggggg anyone else can’t stand those 4:30am wake-up’s ? I dread them.
Nope, I dread the early wake-up's the rest of the year when I don't want or need to be up. Was up at 0400 this morning. And that was after laying in bed awake for an hour. Pretty standard for me.

Reminds me of an old Barney Miller episode where Wojohowitz asks this Amish man what "farm life" is like. The man replies with something like "Well.......get up early, feed the animals, mend some fence, then plow 40 acres". Wojo says "and then what"? The man replies "Breakfast". (y)

Last edited:

HTNFSH

FNG
On my guided hunts, it was really tough. We got it late (nearly 10pm) shoveling food without tasting it, and right to bed. 4am sucked. Spending the night in the field is completely different, and I find it a bit easier to get moving early.

Wrench

WKR
I'm up at 340 everyday anyway.....it's the staying up late that hurts. 5am to 9pm makes for long days.

Im up before 5 every day and usually awake by 430 so not too much of a struggle, and we usually try and hit the rack before 10 in camp, so 430 isn't hard.. Its those days when you have to wake up at 1am to hike up 2000 feet to get ahead of a herd before sunrise that suck...lol.