Dyeing a Pack

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
Have any of you Dyed a pack a different color? I've got a Kifaru Highcamp that is coyote brown and never really had any issues with it over the last 6-7 years. In the past, I've always been hunting high archery and felt secure. This year I've got a hunt where I actually have some concerns of someone mistaking me for an elk and taking a shot.

There are blaze grab its. I think you'd have to bleach the coyote brown to get the dye to look blaze orange. That would probably compromise the material's integrity and water repellent characters.

OP
Hoyts n Mulies

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
Thats kind of what I'm thinking BCsteve. My plan is the dark forest Green Rhit dye.

Also, I don't think there is any water repellent on the pack fabric. I think thats a newer feature Kifaru is offering on select models now.

Stid2677

WKR
Hope you have better luck than I, nylon and synthetics don't take dye easily. Test first.

ColeKira

FNG
I just bought a roll of hi-viz orange/white reflective tape for $6 delivered off ebay. I'm putting it on my pack for night time training and hiking on my roads. It's a 4 hour hike around my "block" with no street lamps.