Durable, long lasting hunting pants

PAE8824

FNG
Can anyone confirm that First Lite has fixed their crotch ripping issues in the Obsidion Merino Pants? I have two pair and love them except for that issue. Looking to invest in a new pair of something and would buy those again only if that issue was resolved.

Thank you in advance for any input.

dtrkyman

WKR
I am shocked by the abuse my Prana zion's have held up to, only real damage is burn holes from a camp fire, some piling but that is it! One pair has some serious miles on them over several years!

Stickmark

FNG
I can get a year out of Prana Zions, but that is plenty, considering the sharper rocks of southern Arizona. Seat wears out, and the knees develop small holes. I will sorta scoot down a hill, and crawling on hands and knees does happen.

Advantages and drawbacks to everything I suppose but I tried a pair of SKRE Hardscrabble pants this season and really like them. Customer service is second to none as well.

MattB

WKR
I really like Kuiu Attacks but cat claw and such will pull loops. Doesn’t seem to affect durability, but you won’t be wearing them to the country club…

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
I am shocked by the abuse my Prana zion's have held up to, only real damage is burn holes from a camp fire, some piling but that is it! One pair has some serious miles on them over several years!
Zions have been my go-to pant for years. I'm extremely disappointed that they've changed the design and fabric.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

meddlecho

FNG
Kuiu Kutana is my favorite out of everything i've tried. Fit is great and have been the most durable for me here in MN.

ROKnROAL

FNG
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants are really good bang for the buck for early season, tough and fairly quiet. Like that they offer in earth tones rather than camo. I also get the slim version cause I’m fancy like that.

t_carlson

WKR
Best bang for the buck are the Sitka Mountain and Kryptek Alaios pants. I usually use the Kryptek in a little warmer weather.

Sitka Mountain Pants are the toughest pants I've ever worn.

Kuiu Attacks pill and tear pretty easily in comparison. Might have to try some Kutanas after reading this though.

gelton

WKR
I wear pranas almost every day but one flaw that they have, and this has happened to me twice, is that the thigh pocket has a zippered side that is forward facing. I have caught that in heavy brush once and on a limb another time and it destroyed the zipper and dang near caused a good fall to get loose of it...they should put that zipper on the rear or remove it altogether.

Speaking of, I have one of those pairs of pants with the destroyed zipper on right now lol.

gelton

WKR
Kuiu katana. Durable, rip resistant, good venting, but NOT waterproof. Don’t believe their hype, the DWR is garbage. But they’re insanely durable, I wear them all around the house, for work, hiking, working under my truck, etc
Also crazy good ventilation.
I think you might be confusing the Katana Woven Pant with the Kutana Storm. They don't claim the Kutana woven are waterproof. I have the Kutana Storm which are waterproof and am waiting for a restock of the Woven in solids - they don't have my size and I refuse to spend that kind of dough on pants that cant serve a dual purpose - hunting and around town.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
x10 on Duluth. Various options. I have some of the Fire Hose that I have abused for about four years just doing yard work, tree trimming, firewood, you name it. They finally got a small hole in the left cargo pocket. They're on sale often and right now today... and come in lined versions and in camo.

JStol5

WKR
I wear Kuhl hiking pants with hip vents, got them for $60/pair at REI and love them. Have busted a TON of brush with them and they hold up great and wash out well. Don’t write off hiking brands.