Duck hunting lease question

I'm not too sure if this is even a thing, but I figured I'd ask. Does anyone know of there are private properties to rent for a weekend in California to duck hunt on with no guide? I'm not too sure what to google on this one

amassi

WKR
Yes there are, some with decoys and some without

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think James Stone with Elite Sportsman has some. If not just call a few guides in the north sac valley and I know several have rice blinds set up unguided on day leases. Can't think of who else would exactly though

OP
Eltigreblanco
I think James Stone with Elite Sportsman has some. If not just call a few guides in the north sac valley and I know several have rice blinds set up unguided on day leases. Can't think of who else would exactly though
Thank you

Wags

WKR
Check with Ben at Fishdog outdoors & River Valley Outdoors in marysville. Both offered them in the past and had good fields. However with the reduced rice crop this year and significant reduction in rot water this fall there may not be any availability.

OP
Eltigreblanco
Check with Ben at Fishdog outdoors & River Valley Outdoors in marysville. Both offered them in the past and had good fields. However with the reduced rice crop this year and significant reduction in rot water this fall there may not be any availability.
Thanks for the info. I will look into them

JeffP_Or

WKR
Not directly associated with CA, but I have had some luck finding member requests posted at trap/skeet ranges or in their newsletters. Also newsletters of local chapters for conservation/hunting groups. Knocking on doors looking for properties to hunt - when they say 'leased out', ask about joining [or at least ask for a manager contact]. Might have to check references and scrutinize them a bit more than word of mouth recommendations but it might be an option.
Another possibility, talk to others standing in line at the local WMA - an amazing number of them also shoot leases.

OP
Eltigreblanco
Not directly associated with CA, but I have had some luck finding member requests posted at trap/skeet ranges or in their newsletters. Also newsletters of local chapters for conservation/hunting groups. Knocking on doors looking for properties to hunt - when they say 'leased out', ask about joining [or at least ask for a manager contact]. Might have to check references and scrutinize them a bit more than word of mouth recommendations but it might be an option.
Another possibility, talk to others standing in line at the local WMA - an amazing number of them also shoot leases.
I'm in las vegas and trying to plan a weekend for me and some buddies to go hunt. Knocking on doors would be tough. Thank you for the info