Drew an AZ elk tag

Bergy

FNG
Congrats on drawing a tag. Wish I could help you. I feel your excitement.

Whip

WKR
I have nothing to offer on 7W, but congratulations no matter what.

Just to keep you in suspense though, there is a fair chance you drew your first choice unit instead. 7W took 17 points in 2021, so drawing it in the bonus pass with 17 points this year would not by any means be a lock. Take my case for example - my 2nd choice this year took 13 points in 2021 and I had 15 going into this year draw. I got shut out and drew nothing. Point creep is real, and I'd actually be a bit surprised if you 7W in the bonus pass.

Keep your fingers crossed - your first choice is still on the table, but more likely in the 1-2 pass. One way or another, you're going to have a great hunt!!

OP
jaeger63

jaeger63

FNG
Thanks for your insight on that Whip. All I know at this point is AZ hit my CC. From what Ive been told that means I drew a tag, regardless of which choice it was. Im sorry to hear you did not draw your tag. Maybe I drew in the random pass then. Rarely have I ever been that lucky in my life lol!!

OP
jaeger63

jaeger63

FNG
Hardhunter,
Good on you man! Thank you. IF everyone was more like you the world us hunters live in would be a much better place. You can bet that after my hunt I"ll be as helpful as I possibly can as well to help other others. Thanks again

TheTone

WKR
I’d happily trade my 12 pts for 7w; it’s the tag I’ve been hoping for. I’m pretty confident upper mid tier AZ will be better than hunting idaho otc for my whole life

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! congrats! Any early bull tag in Az is a great tag! I'm not much of a betting man but id be willing to bet your going to 7W! Enjoy the hunt!

Didn't have the patience for an early tag I struck out but my dad drew a late bull tag possibly a 7e. Just happy to be going hunting!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Congrats and I hope you have the opportunity to make the hunt and kill a "once in a lifetime bull!".

7Bartman

WKR
My NR son drew 4B on the 12/16-12/31 hunt on his first try (I know, I know). I'm happy to see him get lucky and have the opportunity. I already told him that we'll be working hard at the range this Summer/Fall.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Definitely hit on the random pass. I drew 22N early rifle!!!! 1 out of 3 non resident tags!!!! Man I’m pumped.
I hunted that hunt last year. LOTS of bulls, very hard to locate big bulls, but expect to see alot of bulls. I would say we averaged 20-40 bulls a day in scouting and ended the hunt 2 hours into it. Called in 4 diff. bulls on the first stand and buddies boy could not resist.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
Its official. If anyone has done one of the late unit 23 hunts, I would love to talk.
I had a late season archery bull hunt in unit 23 back in 2015 - got in on some bulls but couldn't close the distance enough to take a responsible shot. Unit 23 is a good unit. Definitely animals in the unit. A good friend and his brother pulled two nice bulls out of that unit 3 years ago. That's a very solid unit. Message me, I'd be glad to help in any way I can between my experience and my good friend.