Drew a OIL moose tag….arrow advice!

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Thanks for the feedback, I think I will start a new build with a heavier arrow which should shoot a bit better with a fixed head being that it will be flying a little slower.

Could anyone run some numbers on A-davantage if they have at and tell me how the following specs out?

Rx7 (342 ibo)
72lbs
28” draw
27” carbon to carbon Easton 6.5 with 75grain brass inserts. 4 fletch with q2i raptor vanes and 125grain head.

The above arrow would be around 490grains

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback, I think I will start a new build with a heavier arrow which should shoot a bit better with a fixed head being that it will be flying a little slower.

Could anyone run some numbers on A-davantage if they have at and tell me how the following specs out?

Rx7 (342 ibo)
72lbs
28” draw
27” carbon to carbon Easton 6.5 with 75grain brass inserts. 4 fletch with q2i raptor vanes and 125grain head.

The above arrow would be around 490grains
Sounds like a good plan to me! Worry less about bare shaft tuning and focus on broadhead tuning. I’d guess your groups will tighten right up regardless of arrow weight and number of vanes.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Sounds like a good plan to me! Worry less about bare shaft tuning and focus on broadhead tuning. I’d guess your groups will tighten right up regardless of arrow weight and number of vanes.
Thanks. Bows are broadhead tuned, they fly great out to 50-60 yards but start to open up beyond that. I just feel the fixed head is much more critical of form or wind then the expandables are. Maybe a slightly heavier arrow with more vane will help with that, we will see

I don't have Advantage or any of that stuff, but for the sake of more details, here is my setup.

Hoyt Z1S pulling 71.5#
28in draw length.
80% let off.
490gn arrow.
I'm getting 275fps.

I know the Z1S is slightly quicker than the RX7 but I believe you would assume you're going somewhere close to 270fps with your setup.