Dressing up the cabin

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
Hello folks. Over the years we've been building our cabin. Because it's a fly in spot. When a moose goes down, the clocks ticking. Getting a plane in to pick up the meat is the biggest issue. Trying to get reception is first. Then it's good we trust our pilot. But the weather is always iffy. Fog wind rain all come into play.
When we built, I built the generator shed first. 8x12 with 6" walls. I insulated and heavy visqueened the walls in hopes of having a walk in meat cooler some day.
Finally getting closer. I had a new air conditioner flown out so I could mount it on a wall. Figuring that the cool moving air would work great. I hope. I did also freight a small freezer out. Along with a new generator. I'll put the freezer in the shed to keep the bears off, hopefully. And if needed, open the freezer door to help cool things down faster.
We have a vacuum sealer and butcher paper out there also so we can process n freeze out there if we wanted. I'll get a few cases of canning jars and a couple canners out there as well. In case but canned moose meat is like the best.
So after you bust a moose or bear. Hang n cool. Process it up around a campfire if we wanted.
I've never seen this done before and hopefully it works. Will certainly help.
So will it work folks

Sounds like a decent plan. I have never canned meat but my hunting partners mother canned all of their game because of lack of refigeration.