Double Barrel Rifle

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Don't know if the OP is still following this or not but no idea how you try to dream/plan 10+ years out and want to drop the coin on a DR...for the price of even the decent ones you could just go do your hunt right now and not wait 10+ years. Could be crippled up, broke, or dead by then. Also, who the hell knows what game populations, travel, import, or firearm laws/restrictions will be in that length of time.
Very true indeed

Butcher8

Lil-Rokslider
I owned and shot a Krieghoff double for many years in competition and fun, and even hunted with it. It was chambered in the .500 Nitro Express. I competed in the Stopping Rifle events. The Krieghoff was very accurate and comfortable. I’d buy another one today, or possibly the Heym. For the money, a Chappuis is a good gun, and if money were no object, a Rigby with a rising bite action is one of the best. Then there’s the Westley Richards.....
I’ve always been fond of the .500 NE, but the .470 NE is a bit more versatile and slightly less expensive to shoot. My big bores now are bolt action Weatherby’s in the .460 and .416, although the.416 isn’t a true big bore.

I owned and shot a Krieghoff double for many years in competition and fun, and even hunted with it. It was chambered in the .500 Nitro Express. I competed in the Stopping Rifle events. The Krieghoff was very accurate and comfortable. I’d buy another one today, or possibly the Heym. For the money, a Chappuis is a good gun, and if money were no object, a Rigby with a rising bite action is one of the best. Then there’s the Westley Richards.....
I’ve always been fond of the .500 NE, but the .470 NE is a bit more versatile and slightly less expensive to shoot. My big bores now are bolt action Weatherby’s in the .460 and .416, although the.416 isn’t a true big bore.
Awesome, I've been keeping my eye out for a Krieghoff as well. I was previously also considering the 470NE as it's the more "practical" of the two, however I already own a 458 WinMag and 416 Rigby, both of which have similar energy to the 470.

I was looking into the 500's to reach that next step up in ballistics and recoil.