Dog throws up in truck

Muskykris

Lil-Rokslider
Heck, my dog has to sit in the front seat and look at everything! Doesn’t bother her one
bit and she is like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to going for a ride. I would do as others said. Lay down on the backseat or ride in the kennel.
Lol my 4 month red bone pup sits on the centre console to get a front seat view

But it’s time for him to move over to the seat, wife’s gonna be pissed sitting in the back 😂

Dos XX

WKR
I bought a brand new F150 in I think 2014 or 2015. It was less than 2 weeks old. I went to pick up my dog from a boarding place. He was in the front seat and yakked on the seat and down between the seat and the console. He was 5 or 6 years old. He had never yakked in a vehicle before and he rode in my trucks all the time. It smelled like shit. Literally. He had apparently been eating shit and more regurgitated it than vomited it. It was ugly.

I guess the moral of the story is don't let a shit-eating dog ride in your front seat.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Our first golden didn’t do well as a pup, but now doesn’t have any issues. He won’t eat when we travel and then we just ease him back into eating after the 1100 mile trips to FL. Our 14 week old pip hasn’t had any issues yet including the hour drive home and several trips to the vet. I’m hoping we can avoid the car sickness with him, but only time will tell.

My recommendation like others is to avoid food several hours prior to a road trip. That seemed to really help our first one.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
Mine got sick once - after he managed to eat a pile of moose crap. It was in my wife's Explorer, of course......

OP
2531usmc

2531usmc

WKR
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I never could get her to stop throwing up while she was sitting in the front seat.

in desperation, I bought a 30 dollar plastic-rubber box thing from Amazon that dogs can lay in the back access cab. I figured if she was going to throw up, at least it won’t be all over the truck.

to my great surprise she never threw up again and now likes riding in the back.

I’m guessing, she was just scared sitting in the fron seat with no support. Threw up due to stress.

My 7-month-old gets a loose gut and bladder. No barf yet. The typical morning is a 15 minute drive and I gotta stop 2x for puppy potty. Then she's good for the rest of the day. Front seat looking around or slobbering out the window. She's good about letting me know how urgent things are: "I gotta go. I REALLY gotta go. I told you so..." I think it's just nervousness.

Wellsdw

WKR
Just build him up slowly like you are doing. Overtime it will get better. A lot of times they will grow out of it. Dram can help but it usually has to be in their system for several hrs before it can help