Dog days of summer

Well, I guess it's the dog days of summer! Hot, sometimes muggy, and just lazy days. Of course, out west we are more active in the outdoors than a lot of other areas, but it has been hotter than hell! What are you people doing during these days to pass time, train, or gear up for the upcoming hunting seasons? mtgreg
I have been working in that crap… I don’t like the heat, and live on the coast, so I’m not used to it either, and it’s been over 100 almost every day for the past 3 weeks where I have been working…

Archery season is coming up, and my long commute and heat is cramping my style… my sig line for a long time was “I have never had a job I wasn’t willing to quit in September” and I’m proving I ain’t joking 😉

I was recently told my options coming up, and I didn’t care for them, but I have a feeling they are going to magically find work for me close to home… I’m hoping they don’t

I’m leaving on good terms, that option will still be there if I want it, but it’s the first job I have had that wasn’t on the ocean, and I think that’s pretty much where I belong

Been a pretty useless summer to me, but it’s almost over, and can’t freaking wait to be packing my bow around the coastal mountains and resetting my sanity

Sometimes in life, we have to live through some suck to reset our perspective.

Mid 60’s here at home, and the wife and I will be fishing the next 2 mornings and hunting bear the next 2 evenings… then back across the state Sunday night back into the heat… supposed to be 107 Monday, can’t wait to work on my farmers tan some more 🤮

5c7b7fac30088985d40ce72240631bbf.jpg

12bd68bdf29b6c2a69d0ba0453f685b8.png

0db9d9af07576bd5f43532f4879e78f7.jpg

When it gets this hot, we Take the dogs to water, and fill the freezer with sockeye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back