Does your workout routine change leading up to hunting season?

I do crossfit 5 days a week year round...I have already starting adding in weight hikes on the weekend...currently using a 45lb plate for my hikes...I will slowly add weight over the summer, goal is 5 miles with 70lbs by time season opens. Its a formula that worked well in the past for me.

TheHammer

WKR
I’ve added box jumps. I also jump on a trampoline for a couple minutes a day to strengthen those lower leg muscles as I don’t have steep hills to side hill with a pack. And obviously any chance I can get my pack on, mowing lawn, riding my bike. Constantly switching it up. Just started running &sprinting hills.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
I’d say you’re getting most of the positive effects doing what you’re doing now. I’d say the biggest thing I missed before starting CrossFit was endurance for 20 minute plus. If you’re doing some long heavy pack hikes you’ll probably check that box
That’s what I have noticed too. I was honestly quite surprised with myself. I just went on a shed hunt last week and did 1240 in elevation gain and loss over 2.8 miles and then today I just finished another shed hunt and did 1774 in elevation gain and loss in 3.6 miles and I didn’t die lol. Actually made pretty good time with probably 30 pounds on my back and collecting sheds.