Does the 223/6mm for everything change when hunt cost $$$

Would you use a smaller caliber (223/6mm) on the below mentioned five-figure hunts?

• Yes, I would use a 223/6mm caliber.

Votes: 153 57.3%
  • No, I would elect a larger cartridge.

Votes: 114 42.7%

• Total voters

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 6x45 bolt gun, and the .223 thread got me thinking that the 6x45 might yield better results, albeit spectacular results with the .223. Now if only I can find 95gr TMK’s.

Why’s that? Will line out in logical, objective points- what a 223/77gr TMK is lacking inside its terminal range?
Because they do. Most guys who are willing to shoot the 223/77 tmk are still going to take something cooler on a big hunt. We can lay out logical arguments all day long, but at the end of the day, most guys are going to take something bigger/cooler on that hunt. Do I have data to support this? My data is, c'mon man.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Because they do. Most guys who are willing to shoot the 223/77 tmk are still going to take something cooler on a big hunt. We can lay out logical arguments all day long, but at the end of the day, most guys are going to take something bigger/cooler on that hunt. Do I have data to support this? My data is, c'mon man.

What?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

78074563dd90e80a969bda3e51978a58.jpg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Can you define "cooler" please? I'm curious as to how this translates to killing.

IMG_8152.gif
I mean, if I’m going on a once-in-a-lifetime hunt, I’d likely put together a once-in-a-lifetime rifle. And it probably wouldn’t be chambered in a “boring” NATO standard caliber.