Does anyone still use creating?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
my creatine is starting to get low, think I’ll give the HCL a try; haven’t had too many I’ll effects from “regular” creatine, but sounds like HCL is worth a shot

I’ve retracted my original reply as I was wrong - when facts change my opinion changes.

here’s a good write up from a really good group of nutritionists.

Last edited:

k.cooper42

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t feel like creatine helped my much when I was lifting. I’m laid up after a shoulder surgery at the moment but plan to get back to lifting again when I get released from PT. Might cycle it back in again at that point when I get my diet back on track and since I still have some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveN85

FNG
Creatine is totally fine for strength + stamina. The water gets pushed into your muscles to promote atp and help muscles heal and grow. Load cycling or anything like that has been proven to be False and you body can only use about 5g of creatine a day. Creatine Monohydrate is about the best you can get but others options do well also. I’ve used it for years and never cycled it but kept it in my daily regimen. I haven’t taken it for about 2 years now but till most likely start again due to having a hunt in Colorado coming up in late sept. Check out tiger fitness on YouTube or others like Mark Lobliner who have facts backing creatine. It works great.
Trey is spot on....in fact it can be argued you are better off taking 5g of creatine a day rather than ignoring it altogether. Creatine has a multitude of benefits that reach far beyond "building muscle". A recent study published indicates it also helps overall cognitive health.

Hoodie

WKR
In the words of Dr. Jordan Feigenbaum: ¨Your grandmother should be taking creatine.¨

Endurance athletes benefit from creatine too. Just make sure you´re hydrating enough and only use supplements that are GMP certified.

DaveN85

FNG
In the words of Dr. Jordan Feigenbaum: ¨Your grandmother should be taking creatine.¨

Endurance athletes benefit from creatine too. Just make sure you´re hydrating enough and only use supplements that are GMP certified.
You know what's up! I take it you subscribe to Barbell Medicine as well?

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. Works great and has lots of research on its efficacy and safety. I think there are also some brain benefits to it as well.

TheGDog

WKR
Creatine is just something you take like maybe... 1hr or 1hr 30min prior to your intense lifting days. And not even worth taking if you're not also taking it with a little bit of carbs pre-workout so it can shuttle em into your muscle cells.

For hunting? I wouldn't even worry about its use as part of your regimen. For hunting? I'd say start pushing your endurance cardio training. Great tool? The Elliptical! Crank the incline nice and high like 10/11... and for the resistance? Crank it to like 10/11 to start with.

At first? strive for 30min. An interval program. Where it alternates hard/easy. Strive for going at least 15min without having to back off the resistance. Then... when you really really need the help... just bip down the resistance 1 click and continue to push along as long as best you can... if needed eventually bip down one click again, etc. You shouldn't need to go down past 9. For a 30min run at it... try to see how much more than 6mi you can manage to have it clock.

THEN... go and hit all your lifting AFTER that!

And for a day where you're wanting to focus on recovery and extra cardio... do 60min... similar deal/strategy... and try to see how much above the 12mi mark you can hit.

*zap*

WKR
creatine helps your body produce atp by providing phosphate among other things.

BLEE

FNG
It gave me horrible cramps, if I ran while taking it. A coworker, who was a professional triathlete and R.N, swore that long-term users would have kidney issues, although I've never heard of this happening.

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Replaced with beta alanine, this stuff is great, after taking creatine for many years I found it raised my BP, stoped taking and replaced with bata and haven't looked back. It's great to take throughout the day when hammering, no cramps and reduces lactic acid.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OOSWLC

FNG
the most legit supplements that aren't sarms/anabolic/etc are creatine and beta alanine - and they complement each other really well for people doing functional/well rounded training... the TLDR is that creatine will help with your short burst/heavy efforts, beta alanine will help with your sustained/more cardio-like efforts.

it seems like everyone is different, though. some people will swear by one/the other/both, while others will claim it's snake oil.

as said above- you don't need a creatine loading cycle, and you should feel the affects by 4-6 weeks of use. for me, the difference while taking creatine is very noticeable... if you can't tell a difference, though, it's probably not doing a ton for you.

i've worked in the fitness industry for the last 11 years and i agree people don't talk about it as much, but just as many people are still using it.

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I used to take it when I lifted weights religiously, but I don't see a need to take since I train for endurance now. I have found that cardio based endurance exercises are more helping for hunting.

rdfish1

FNG
I tried it for a period of time along with protein supplements, mostly to regain my strength after an illness. It seemed to help but I grew uncomfortable with the very high creative levels showing up in my bloodwork and just decided it wasn’t important enough