Do you regret getting your suppressor?

Seeknelk

WKR
483c8dd4d77d499a0d5c6a8a1c306786.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not even one little letter or two?🤣

IdahoBeav

WKR
I've thought about one, but for some weird reason, shooting with a brake doesn't bother my ears in the field, and I use hearing protection at the range.

I've thought about one, but for some weird reason, shooting with a brake doesn't bother my ears in the field, and I use hearing protection at the range.

Probably because you’re already deaf…

It’s not about what bothers you or pain. Hearing loss is cumulative and irreversible.

bsnedeker

WKR
Correction: When you are shooting in the field you are so hyped on adrenaline you don't notice the permanent damage you have just done to your ears.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

TheHammer

WKR
Correction: When you are shooting in the field you are so hyped on adrenaline you don't notice the permanent damage you have just done to your ears.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
This, I took a really great buck with my 450bm w/Reiner brake (very effective). In the moments after I confirmed he had expired. The adrenaline was coming off, I noticed I couldn’t hear anything, for 2 days my ears rang it would come and go like a tuning fork. That’s when I decided to delicate funds to purchase a few right away. We aren’t invincible, as males in nature there’s a few things we tend to do. -we don’t listen to others, we have to find things out the hard way, - we tend to make our lives more difficult… a can will have the adverse outcome. Put one on everything.

Suppressors are great for low recoiling, high round count, training rifles.

Brakes are great for heavy recoiling, low round count, hunting rifles.
Having a suppressor on your rifle hangs up a lot more in brush and trees while strapped to your pack and turns into a dirt scoop when the rifle is in your hands. Not to mention adding another pound or more to the rifle.

From my perspective, It’s hard to justify their use for a single shot or two while hunting.

I’ve shot suppressors for over 17 years on bolt and gas guns. There are a number of applications where they’re of value. Hunting in the mountains or on foot, with your rifle strapped to your pack or in your hands, isn’t one of them.
If a person is hunting from a blind, off a machine (ATV/UTV, truck, boat, etc), or walking very short distances……then, yes, a suppressor is worth considering.

SBR Sarge

FNG
I regret it, solely because I liked it so much, and it was so lonely, that I added a half dozen more too my gun vault to keep it company.

Take the plunge. The noise reduction and recoil reduction are priceless. And my neighbors appreciate me shooting quietly as a bonus.

Save a bit of cash so you can buy a good quality can that fits your needs

Sled

WKR
I have never used a suppressor. I was set on getting one, but now I am really questioning the cost. Are they really worth the money? What advantages do they offer other then reduced noise? Do any of you guys regret spending the money on one?

I only regret one so far. It was a 5" torrent that seems to magnify sound though it changes the tone.

Aside from that, I fully regret not doing it sooner.

Sled

WKR
And reduced noise is only a perk for me. I relish the lack of concussive effects when shooting.

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
Three at home, two in jail… yeah…. I like them.

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
I regret purchasing a few of mine only because they’re pieces of shit and I’ve dealt with some issues, had to have two of them modified by an aftermarket company for them to work properly, and still have one that’s a POS and Surefire won’t fix.
Was Surefire the only brand in reference?

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my 5th can, still waiting on my 6th and I’ve already picked out my 7th.

Bought my first can about 8 years ago.