do you do all of your own bow work? arrows?

jmez

WKR
Put a turnbuckle in the rope on your drawboard and you can get extremely precise with cam synch. You can also clamp your drawboard to a workbench to draw in an upright postion and there are also plans on AT on how to build one right on your workbench upright. Lots of options.

If you want to go all in you could look into a Kwik Shooter and then have a draw board and shooting machine all in one.

OP
B

boom

WKR
Put a turnbuckle in the rope on your drawboard and you can get extremely precise with cam synch. You can also clamp your drawboard to a workbench to draw in an upright postion and there are also plans on AT on how to build one right on your workbench upright. Lots of options.

If you want to go all in you could look into a Kwik Shooter and then have a draw board and shooting machine all in one.

yea. i saved that DIY shooter draw board thread. super cool.

you know what is funny about rokslide? i dont expect to ever see a response.."nah, you dont need that. save your money" hahah.

thanks guys. i have alot to think about.

KMT

WKR
I have owned three bows in the last 15 years. The only work that has been done to them is changing the string/cable every three years. So, no I don't do my own work. I have either been really lucky, or I'm too dumb to know my bow needs work. So far, not tinkering with my bow hasn't seemed to mess with my hunting success. I do repair my arrows when needed.

OP
B

boom

WKR
I have owned three bows in the last 15 years. The only work that has been done to them is changing the string/cable every three years. So, no I don't do my own work. I have either been really lucky, or I'm too dumb to know my bow needs work. So far, not tinkering with my bow hasn't seemed to mess with my hunting success. I do repair my arrows when needed.

this is actually a good point. i dont own multiple bows.

If you build a draw board buy a boat winch that is a screw jack type and you don't need a turnbuckle. I took off the handle from the winch and use my Dewalt drill with a socket in the tip and it is very fast to draw the bow. Near full cycle I take the drill off and turn the screw jack by hand to precise positioning.View attachment 11824