Do majority of people sell there guns when they upgrade/replace with a new one?

Mark.c

FNG
Generally I am looking to add capabilities when I purchase, something that fills a niche so no need to sell (yet).

I only have 1 rifle id sell, but only after buying a different one. It's like my upgrade / want so.ething else rifle. All others are not going anywhere. Same with pistols

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

waspocrew

WKR
I've sold plenty of rifles. Like others have mentioned, if I don't use it, why keep it?

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I have sold when the use case for a rifle or handgun no longer exists, but I usually trade. There are rifles I won't sell or trade because they mean something to me even though I haven't used them in a while. I'm getting to the point with two little ones that, if I have to reload for a rifle, it's on the chopping block.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

KenLee

WKR
Ain't that the truth, I built a Savage in 2016. Right before Remage became a thing and a few years before the Tikka shouldered prefits. It's extremely accurate, but it's lipstick on a pig. The action sucks.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I'd own more Savages if I didn’t cuss em when I mash my thumb between bolt and scope when running them hard

zdc1775

FNG
I do a bit of both. Over the years I've sold well over 100 guns and for the most part don't miss them, but I do have several that will never be sold due to sentimental value, because they make great backups, or just wanting to keep something in that particular caliber.

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I'll sell if the platform sucks or isn't modifiable. I don't wanna be stuck with something in 15 years without parts or an aftermarket.

I sell the ones I'm switching out. I try to keep things to only a few extremely high quality rifles instead of how I used to have a bunch of budget ones.

I just bought a Barrett fieldcraft with a night force. I sold 4 guns to make this purchase.

I’m slowly going this quality over quantity route.
I have 4 rifles soon to be 5 and that's it.

Tikka T1X with TBAC 22TD for suppressed small game hunting
Vudoo V22 custom for .22lr practice
R700 custom which was my first custom and remains my best shooting rifle so far
Mausingfield / Proof carbon custom for hunting
LP Fuzion / Foundation PRS-style custom on the way (I have the Foundation, waiting on barreled action)

I sold off everything else to pay for the customs + a bunch of TBAC suppressors. No regrets at all.

I have 4 rifles soon to be 5 and that's it.

Tikka T1X with TBAC 22TD for suppressed small game hunting
Vudoo V22 custom for .22lr practice
R700 custom which was my first custom and remains my best shooting rifle so far
Mausingfield / Proof carbon custom for hunting
LP Fuzion / Foundation PRS-style custom on the way (I have the Foundation, waiting on barreled action)

I sold off everything else to pay for the customs + a bunch of TBAC suppressors. No regrets at all.
Those suppressors…becoming a problem. Lol

I have 3 kids. So my numbers will always be a little high but we don’t need 14 guns per person.

I sell if something doesn't fit a need any longer or any possible future need, is replaced by something that fills the previous need. For instance, building a 6arc bolt now that will take the place of a R700 BDL in 270 which is an odd caliber for me, so I'll likely sell the 700.

adamm88

WKR
i doubled my collection with inherited guns a few years, i sold 2 of the guns that i would never use. The rest either is something that will get used or my son would/Could use.

All the guns that are started as mine either are all users at some point and or sentimental but still users in the end. I have a single shot .410 that i bought cheap that doesn't fall into this categories but was only like $120 so no sense selling it either.....

My gun purchasing now is selective, i really try and think through what i should buy and for a purpose. Theres alot of want but not alot of need.....

Forrest84

FNG
I don’t keep guns around I don’t use anymore except the ones that my father and grandfather left me, they aren’t really worth much anyway money wise. I only keep 1 14.5” AR, 1 duty pistol, one EDVc pistol, one semi heavy general purpose bolt action I can shoot matches with and use my clip on NV with and a good light general purpose hunting rifle.

I treat them as tools I don’t like having a pile of guns I can’t afford to feed or find time to shoot so they are of no use to me.

SC HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I don't care to have a whole pile of guns but I've got 3 kids and a wife that like to hunt and shoot so it is what it is at this point I guess.