Do majority of people sell there guns when they upgrade/replace with a new one?

Elite

WKR
I am curious who keeps all the rifles vs how many sell them?

I’m the type that likes to sell items that I don’t utilize anymore but with rifles I seem to hoard them.

But started to wonder the other day if that much money tied up is wasteful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t like having things sit in the safe that don’t get used. Two hunting rifles is what I can justify. Anything more and I’d just rather use that money on something else that will get used. Even if budget weren't a consideration, I don’t know that I’d change.

I have a .300 wby that I inherited from my grandpa, shot a couple elk with it the year I got it. Haven’t touched it since then (2 yrs) as it’s no fun to shoot, and I jumped on the small cal suppressed train. So it just sits, not going to sell it, but hate that it’s there not getting used. And don’t have any other close family that would use it that I could give it to yet.

TaperPin

WKR
I either donate them to a family member or sell at a discount to a friend. Selling to people I don’t know feels like getting ripped off for some reason. :)

Now if I could only get our kids and nephews to like the same kind of shooting and brands of rifles I do, it would be an excuse to upgrade more often. The fastest way to turn a smile into a frown is gifting a bolt action to a kid who only loves AR-15’s. Lol

I only keep guns that have sentimental value or that I shoot a lot.. having guns just to have them to me is stupid. It's very expensive to put quality scopes/ammo/stocks on rifles. Rather have a couple badass guns that shoot great that I can afford to shoot rather than a safe full of guns just to have them sit.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Hydroguy

FNG
I've sold a few and don't usually miss them. I have a few that will never be sold because they belonged to my grandpa, dad, father in law.... I'll let my kids sort it out after I'm gone, unless one of them gets busy and gets me some grandkids, then that kid will be set.

If they have any meaning (inherited, special experience, etc), they stay for posterity, but as far as a general upgrade goes, they get sold. A couple of redundancies as backup or loaners for important categories of use, but overall, any upgraded ones are not kept. Sale of that sometimes goes back into the overall package of the new one, sometimes not.

Vern400

WKR
I sell every rifle that's not an exceptional shooter for its caliber and type. Fix it or sell it. The great ones,? Nope Not selling.

HuntandFly

Lil-Rokslider
Every rifle I own has quickly gained some sentimental meaning or future use case, and therefore I do not ever get rid of.

That said, I have offloaded a couple pistols that I didn’t like to shoot and meant little or nothing to me