Do I need a spotter

ofl0926

WKR
So I’m kinda in a bind. Kowa is have the sale on 773 spotter with wide angle eye piece. I’m thinking of picking it up.
Here is my issue. I live in south florida and travel to hunt. I went out west for the first time last year with a guide to hunt elk. Fell in love. Fast forward and with covid-19, me deploying at the end of the year, I’m not hunting this year. But when I get back, I plan I’m heading west again.
How do I know I need a spotter? I hunted in open country on my first hunt. I plan on mike deer hunting. My binos are swaro slc 10x42. I got a tripod and outdoorsman pan head.
All advice is welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To hunt open country trophy mule deer you should have a spotter. Only way to tell a 165" buck from a 170" buck at a mile. If you are not trophy hunting your binos on a tripod will work just fine.

That being said, You should wait til you are back to buy one. No point to have it sitting for a year. Deals will come and go, and if you sign up for Military discounts (many options) Then you will always have that deal available to you.

So I’m kinda in a bind. Kowa is have the sale on 773 spotter with wide angle eye piece. I’m thinking of picking it up.
Here is my issue. I live in south florida and travel to hunt. I went out west for the first time last year with a guide to hunt elk. Fell in love. Fast forward and with covid-19, me deploying at the end of the year, I’m not hunting this year. But when I get back, I plan I’m heading west again.
How do I know I need a spotter? I hunted in open country on my first hunt. I plan on mike deer hunting. My binos are swaro slc 10x42. I got a tripod and outdoorsman pan head.
All advice is welcome

If you hunt elk and want a higher percentage of success then you need a spotter. IF you hunt mule deer and want to judge size....you need a spotter....in short you need a spotter

I appreciate the honesty. Looks like I will get a spotter but later down the road. No point in having it sit for a year

Back