Do i need a cantilever mount for my optic?

Dalton138

FNG
After years of running a red dot on my AR, I've decided that it'll be better for me to get an optic to allow me to reach out further. I had thought about getting an LPVO, but after much deliberation, I think I've decided to get a 3-9 and an offset red dot. I'm really looking in to the Trijicon Credo 3-9. Would I need a cantilever mount like I would for LPVO for my AR, or would rings work for this? Any input or arguments against this set up would be appreciated along with the answer to my initial question. Thanks!

wyo

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you have a monolithic upper of one variety or another you will still need a cantilever mount. Without exception, every AR/magnified optic combo I have tried ends up with the ocular a little forward of the charging handle to get enough eye relief which doesn't leave enough receiver rail to mount the optic.

OP
D

Dalton138

FNG
Unless you have a monolithic upper of one variety or another you will still need a cantilever mount. Without exception, every AR/magnified optic combo I have tried ends up with the ocular a little forward of the charging handle to get enough eye relief which doesn't leave enough receiver rail to mount the optic.
That makes sense. Thank you