Do Hunters Effect Antler Genetics

AHayes111

FNG
As I posted earlier, the NDA has done multiple studies and even in highly controlled environments, genetics just doesn't make that much difference.

The first article did little to convince me that we are having no effect. The first two studied are just too short to see any results when it comes to genetics. I am actually alarmed that there was a 7 inch difference in the 15 year study. I would have thought if would have been less and with genetics the longer the time frame the larger the difference will become. We have been high grading mule deer for much longer than 15 years.

WRO

WKR
The first article did little to convince me that we are having no effect. The first two studied are just too short to see any results when it comes to genetics. I am actually alarmed that there was a 7 inch difference in the 15 year study. I would have thought if would have been less and with genetics the longer the time frame the larger the difference will become. We have been high grading mule deer for much longer than 15 years.

It’s whitetail dudes trying to talk about mule deer, they’re not the same by a damn site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdP

WKR
As a whitetail guy that's not buying what they are selling either, it would interest me to hear what differences you think are relevant between the species.

AHayes111

FNG
As a whitetail guy that's not buying what they are selling either, it would interest me to hear what differences you think are relevant between the species.
The biggest difference between whitetail and mule deer is the way they rut. Whitetail bucks latch on to one hot doe and then move on when she is no longer receptive. Mule deer are more likely to have a harem of does that they will tend to most of the rut.