Do Hunters Effect Antler Genetics

EdP

WKR
The results from studies on whitetails is clear on generational health and nutrition contributing more to antler size than genetics.
But doesn't generational health and nutrition apply equally to all members of the herd, including both those bucks with large and small antlers? If so, within a herd, generational health and nutrition would not be influencing factors in the natural selection for antler size.

I think the real question is does nature favor larger antlered deer. Given deer behavior it would appear to be the case, but there are factors at play other than one buck winning a fight to breed one doe. Do the bigger antlers actually result in that buck breeding more does in it's livetime? I think bigger antlered deer do actually breed more does in their lifetime and tend to increase the herd antler size over time, but I am not a wildlife biologist. One data point is Ky where a one buck per year limit has significantly improved the quality of bucks taken over the course of 25 years or so.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Genetics:

Does a 2 year old typical 120 not have the same genetics as his 7 year old 220 NonTypical father?

If I'm a 127# weakling do I not have the 50% genetics of my Champion Bodybuilder father?

Without a safe and experimental vaccine I don't understand how one can alter genetics.