Do any of you all use a smart watch for hunting?

Luked

WKR
Have been looking to get a smart watch for hunting and I know that Garmin is pretty well the king but it's not in the cards for something like that.
Havw any of you used a Samsung classic 4 they have out now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i have a Suunto Core, which an ABC watch. The Garmin and Suunto's are cool but kind of impractical unless you're basically a full time guide in the back country

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
I havw a Sunnto Core also and like you I like it. Just been thinking about something for other use. Wasn't aure if it was really worth it or not

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Garmin Instinct that I use to pin a waypoint, if I'm in an unfamiliar area, or to use as a backup GPS. I don't use it very often but it's served it's purpose a time or 3.

I use a Garmin Instinct Tactical right now. Will probably upgrade to a more in-depth mapping watch later. I use gps all the time for work and hunting so it makes a ton of sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick1

WKR
I wear a Timex Ironman watch. Same one for about the last 15 years or so. Replaced the battery a couple of times. Works great.

Reactions: tak
Garmin instinct for the last couple seasons. I use the trackback feature quite a bit. Full maps would be nice but I have a phone for that. It’s not bad for one of the more affordable options

Eurooptics has the Garmin Fenix 6 for half off right now. I am still running my Fenix 5 from many years ago without issue.

Carr5vols

WKR
Use a garmin fenix. Calculates oxygen level at elevation, has my balliatocs chart stored in the watch, tracks elevation if i want to stay at a certain elevation side hilling, good topo maps without pulling out phone. Also use alarm on hunt. Other than telling time thats what i use it for on a hunt. Has a place if you know how to use it.

Bl704

WKR
Have a Suunto Traverse. As somebody mentioned earlier, I pretty much use it for ABC...holding altitude/elevation, barometer and compass. Not a huge fan of the GPS but have used it more than once when I didn't have a map and phone/GPS was dead.

It has some scars from some hard use, but holds a charge well and takes a beating.

Love my Garmin Fenix 7x, the color topography maps are a game changer. If the garmin is out of your budget, I would try looking for a use one personally.

The usefulness depends on what other tech you have with you.

If you use a gps unit or cell phone mapping app, a smart watch is nearly useless except for having a compass on your wrist