DNZ Mounts/Rings

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
It seems as if Sportsmatch rings is currently the flavor of the month, perhaps rightfully so. I plan on trying a pair myself.

For those who have used DNZ Game Reaper Mounts on your rifles, do you still like them? For those who have used them on an open-bridge type of rifle like a Model 7 or 700, does the "connecting piece" between the rings hinder efforts to load the rifle from the top?

For years, I couldn't get past their appearance, but my view has softened, especially since I'm a form follows function type of guy. I'll probably try a set of Game Reaper mounts along with Sportsmatch.

I've only ever used one set of the DNZ Game Reaper 2 mounts and those where on a Tikka. I had them in low for a 1" scope and if I ever go back to a 1" scope I will put them back on since the 1" Sportsmatch rings are higher which I didn't care for. The aren't the prettiest rings but are well made IMHO and worked great. Not a great picture but they fit nicely on the Tikka so imagine they would work the same on a model 700.

OP
S

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
I've only ever used one set of the DNZ Game Reaper 2 mounts and those where on a Tikka. I had them in low for a 1" scope and if I ever go back to a 1" scope I will put them back on since the 1" Sportsmatch rings are higher which I didn't care for. The aren't the prettiest rings but are well made IMHO and worked great. Not a great picture but they fit nicely on the Tikka so imagine they would work the same on a model 700.
I remember that rifle, thanks for posting the picture. They don't look near as bulky when mounted.

I'm surprised they're lower than the Sportsmatch; good to know.

morgaj1

WKR
I have used them on multiple rifle brands, including a Rem 700. The connecting bar does not inhibit the ability to top load. Solid mounts.

Lytro

WKR
I've used them on a couple stock Tikka's with no issue (7RM and .270). Both were low end Vortex Vipers and really only used for close-mid range deer hunts. I haven't considered putting a DNZ on any of my custom rifles though.

tony

WKR
Game reapers on a Marlin .45/70 GG ported barrel holding a Leopold VX 1.5x5.
Remington 700 .270 with a Redfield 2x7.

I like them, don't seem to hear much about them.
What are these sportsmatch I read about here all the time?
That good?

SwiftShot

WKR
I have them on two Christensen Arms. One 6.5 PRC and the other 300 RUM. No problems at all. I normally like to lap my rings. Not needed with these. Holding up well a few years in..

It seems as if Sportsmatch rings is currently the flavor of the month, perhaps rightfully so. I plan on trying a pair myself.

For those who have used DNZ Game Reaper Mounts on your rifles, do you still like them? For those who have used them on an open-bridge type of rifle like a Model 7 or 700, does the "connecting piece" between the rings hinder efforts to load the rifle from the top?

For years, I couldn't get past their appearance, but my view has softened, especially since I'm a form follows function type of guy. I'll probably try a set of Game Reaper mounts along with Sportsmatch.
I've used them on almost all my rifles, tried Talley on one but went back to dnz on the next gun purchased. Been very pleased so far.

I have dnz on my tikka as well but don't have a picture. No issues but I decided to try a set of Sportsmatch rings just to drink the kool-aid lol

As far as the bar getting in the way on a 700 style action, I haven't had any issues with any interference.
Here's a picture of a bergara, xbolt, and weatherby mark v standard actions with dnz game reaper. The xbolt has the tactical 4 screw and the bar runs almost down the middle, the other two have a contour to them that opens up the loading port.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20230327-044434_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230327_043812.jpgScreenshot_20230327-044404_Gallery.jpg

OP
S

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
All good info, thanks for posting.

I assume since the rings don't need lapped, no one is seeing pinched scope tubes or serious ring marks?

All good info, thanks for posting.

I assume since the rings don't need lapped, no one is seeing pinched scope tubes or serious ring marks?
I haven't seen any pinched tubes or had any bad rings marks. Also never had to lap. I've had seven sets so far. Had the gamereaper 2 piece on two other xbolts and the one piece on a remington 700 and a tikka. Guess you could say I've become a bit of a dnz fanboi hahaha. They're not the best looking (talleys look better imo), but they're lightweight, robust and so far (knock wood) they've all done exactly what they're supposed to do without needing to be lapped or sent back/warranty replaced (like two sets of Warne rings)

If you're looking to buy some, just do it. SWFA website had some really good prices on them last I checked.

OP
S

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't seen any pinched tubes or had any bad rings marks. Also never had to lap. I've had seven sets so far. Had the gamereaper 2 piece on two other xbolts and the one piece on a remington 700 and a tikka. Guess you could say I've become a bit of a dnz fanboi hahaha. They're not the best looking (talleys look better imo), but they're lightweight, robust and so far (knock wood) they've all done exactly what they're supposed to do without needing to be lapped or sent back/warranty replaced (like two sets of Warne rings)

If you're looking to buy some, just do it. SWFA website had some really good prices on them last I checked.
Yeah, I'm going to go this route on at least on rifle. Too many accolades above to ignore.

Thanks for the SWFA tip, I appreciate it.