DIY mods, projects, & gear

I trimmed 1.5lbs off my Gregory palisade pack. Cut every peice of plastic and extra material off that I thought I could get away with. Worked great! But it's still to heavy of a pack. That'll be my next upgrade.

Jon Boy

WKR
Heres a pack I put together out of a pack frame and a BL 2200. Just used the straps and lashings that were on the BL already. I can fit 5 days worth of gear in it with lashing my tent to the top of the frame. When I get into camp I just strip off the BL and use it as my day hunt pack. Kind of heavy though, looking for some new alternatives to do with the pack frame to cut down on weight.004.jpg005.jpg008.jpg011.jpg

So with the server change, the original thread was lost, so I thought that I would revive it here. Post up pics of your DIY mods, gear, and projects.

I'll go first, these are pictures of a project I completed a couple of weeks ago. While looking around the Kifaru site, I saw a number of similarities between the cargo panel and field chair, and thought that the two could be easily combined into one. So I commenced to doing a little research, and after drawing up some plans, ordering supplies, and 3 or 4 hours of sewing, here's the results.

Kifaru's
1-Cargopanel_zps9ea535d3.jpg

Mine
5-DSCN4116_zps1ede94f0.jpg

Kifaru's
4-fieldchair2_zpse0cc8804.jpg

Mine
6-DSCN4118_zps05cdac29.jpg

Thanks for looking, can't wait to see what everyone else has done.

Very cool!

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Brand new to the site and saw this thread wandering around and thought you guys might like this. It's not really for backpacking, but I built it for long range shooting and coyote hunting.

Backstory: My wife and I are in the beginning stages of adopting a child since we cannot have any of our own. We are doing everything we can to save up, so I don't spend too much money right now (I did just get my first Kifaru Duplex and a Nomad secondhand, but I had been saving for that for quite a while:eek:) Anyways, I saw the Hog Saddle by ShadowTech, and while I wanted one, I wasn't willing or able to spend the $300+ dollars on one at the time, so I decided to machine my own.
I bought plate aluminum and all the hardware for $60 and used my free time at work and in my machining class (yeah, I work full time and am in college 3/4 time) to put this together. I had a friend weld two pieces of AL plate together to make the L of the clamp, but I machined every other part, including the knob.

Hope you guys like it!