Diy Magview Spotting scope adapter!

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
Both. I had trouble getting the hinge parts to stay straight enough and I also didn't like how far from the lens the phone was or lining it up. I put small magnets in those round holes and printed an eyepiece for the spotter with a circle of magnets that match but with opposite polarity.

I can definitely see that being an issue.

How is the Olin style working for you? How long have you been using this piece?

BuckRut

Lil-Rokslider
I can definitely see that being an issue.

How is the Olin style working for you? How long have you been using this piece?
It's nearly perfect. Used it the first time this last weekend and the attachment system was flawless. My only real gripe is that my Iphone really wants the top lens to be the primary but that makes the case stick out from the phone to much to match the magnet circle.

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
It's nearly perfect. Used it the first time this last weekend and the attachment system was flawless. My only real gripe is that my Iphone really wants the top lens to be the primary but that makes the case stick out from the phone to much to match the magnet circle.

Mag have to give it a shot, doesn’t look too difficult to design to print.

If this one ends up bothering you or you want to try something else you could try something like the on glass adapter. Most of its 3d printed already it looks like.

drew12

FNG
I made something similar using a 3d printer at work. What magnets did you use? I’m having trouble with the phone sliding off, even using a metal plate on my case.
I used some neodymium rare earth N48 magnets. It was working fine with my older phone, then I switched to the iphone13 and it does not work anymore. The phone is just too heavy for it to hold now.