DIY Draw Board for LCA EZ Green Press

Do you feel like it winds too fast?

You can double the strap back like the LCA draw board is to cut the cranking speed in half.

When I have used the boat winches before they seem to wind pretty fast, but you look to probably have a smaller winch.

OP
Mighty Mouse
Do you feel like it winds too fast?

You can double the strap back like the LCA draw board is to cut the cranking speed in half.

When I have used the boat winches before they seem to wind pretty fast, but you look to probably have a smaller winch.
It doesn't seem too fast to me, although I have no basis for comparison. The sprocket has 11 teeth and the winch axle is about 1" in diameter, so if my figuring is correct it should be (initially) reeling in about 1/4" of strap per click of the pawl. That rate increases as more strap gets wound around the axle to maybe 3/8" per click as I'm getting the bow close to full draw. When close to full draw, I quit using the winch and use the jack screw in the press to slowly lengthen the press and get through the end of the draw cycle.

It doesn't seem too fast to me, although I have no basis for comparison. The sprocket has 11 teeth and the winch axle is about 1" in diameter, so if my figuring is correct it should be (initially) reeling in about 1/4" of strap per click of the pawl. That rate increases as more strap gets wound around the axle to maybe 3/8" per click as I'm getting the bow close to full draw. When close to full draw, I quit using the winch and use the jack screw in the press to slowly lengthen the press and get through the end of the draw cycle.

Make a safety similar to what you have wrapping the grip for the hook on the strap. Just a loop of paracord incase the loop breaks.

Or keep an arrow on it and make sure you don't care about what is infront of it.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
looks like it beats dropping 260 bucks on their version of it. I really need one of these. 2x8 boat winch draw board isn't my favorite.

OP
Mighty Mouse
looks like it beats dropping 260 bucks on their version of it. I really need one of these. 2x8 boat winch draw board isn't my favorite.
I already had the necessary tools and material on hand so when I saw the price of the LCA draw board, I figured it was worthwhile to try to cobble together a DIY version. Only cost me a few hours of time...and a few gallons of sweat working in the 100 degree garage.

Last edited:

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Lca draw board for my press works great but I built one that mounts under my press. When I’m checking time on a bow and it’s off I hate turning the crank back down to press the bow. Takes forever, so I just use the one I made so I can leave the press where it is and bring the bow out of the draw board up to the press. Wish I could build stuff like you just did looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pictures. I made my own press and want to run the LCA drawboard attachment but the I.D on my square tube is 1-3/4". I might have to just make my own

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
This is definitely art. Nice work. Can't believe 1.5" tube fits so closely inside their tube

feanor

WKR
I’ve done the same thing on my homemade press. Just get a file and take out the weld seam if you need to.

OP
Mighty Mouse
Thanks for the pictures. I made my own press and want to run the LCA drawboard attachment but the I.D on my square tube is 1-3/4". I might have to just make my own
A pair of set screws through the wall of your press tubing or some shim stock could be used to take up the gap.

Mighty Mouse does the lashing winch have a way to draw down the bow using the gears? Do you know if the LCA winch does? If not are you using the handle to draw down with no other control.

OP
Mighty Mouse
Mighty Mouse does the lashing winch have a way to draw down the bow using the gears? Do you know if the LCA winch does? If not are you using the handle to draw down with no other control.
The winch I'm using only ratchets as I'm drawing the bow. To let the bow down, I grab the winch handle with one hand, use the other hand to disengage the pawl, and slowly rotate the handle. I don't know whether or not the LCA draw board has a two-way winch that would ratchet while drawing back and letting down.