Displaying Deer hides

COelk89

FNG
Howdy,

I have 5 or 6 deer hides that I would like to display but looking for some inspiration. I have a couple of WT, a couple of mule deer, a chocolate fallow, and a axis so there is some variety. I am not super interested in investing a lot of money in something. One idea I have had was to build a "ladder" style blanket hanger. Other option would be to create a way to hang them on the wall but again not looking to spend a lot.

Thanks!

If you're really looking for cost savings, just rub some borax into the raw hide, and drape over the rafters in the garage. Warning: your wife will not be a big fan of the garage at all

Weldor

WKR
I used #9 aluminum fence wire for a hidden frame and hung them on the wall. The chocolate Fallow is the best Axis number 2.

ODB

WKR
They make great throws for across the back of a chair (as others are saying) or little rugs under end tables, etc.

One of my great hunting regrets is not taking the hide from the once-in-a-lifetime moose I helped a guy hunt. He didn’t want it (thought he would) and I was not prepared to get it home properly. I will be when I draw the same tag one day.

JeffP_Or

WKR
I've seen folks take a normal looking headboard on their bed and lay-in several hides in a pattern; use the outer boards as the 'frame' [can't find a picture...]. Similar to the starburst wall rugs they make with gazelle hides but less detailed:
1706134917015.png

Deer hair is pretty fragile/brittle, isn't it? Expect it to get worn if easily accessible, like on a chair.