Disappointment and Frustration

Brad,

I have had many of the same issues you have. I reversed the stays on a Horn Hunter Full Curl and it carried better. I have tried many packs and they all seem to have the center of gravity below my waist. I just got a Duplex frame with composite stays. I am going to pull those out and put in some alm stays I have and try to make this work. I think I have a larger than normal curve in my back combined with no butt and some love handles. I am pretty confident I can make this work with the aluminum stays it is just going to take some work at it. I am going to put a large bend in the lumbar area and then sweep the shoulder area in towards my back more. I dont know if this helps at all but you are not alone my friend.

Please give me a call. I will get you completely taken care of. Based off of your videos I can definitely see a few things that need to be changed.

Joe
303-278-9155
480-326-9009 cell

Joe, I did finally get a message from you but unfortunately I work in a secured facility where I don't have my cell phone. I guess I can try to call tomorrow and see if I can get you.

Give me a call whenever. Seriously! No trouble at all. Hell i was talking to a guy in Germany at 2:30am last night haha. I will get you all set man, and time isn't an issue. 10+ yrs special operations, I'm use to zero sleep and calls, requests at crazy times.

Joe, I did finally get a message from you but unfortunately I work in a secured facility where I don't have my cell phone. I guess I can try to call tomorrow and see if I can get you.

Within 48 hours of my phone call to Kifaru about my questionable belt fit I had a new belt that fits perfect on my door step. The premium price come with matching service- use it!

I have found that certain kifaru packs are uncomfortable for me due to a long torso (more so than shape do back) I need at least 24" stays to make it work. My ku3700 with 24"stays fits like a glove. I sold a beautiful X-ray set because I could never make it feel right.

Thanks for all of the input fellas. I have been crazy busy with work finishing up a project and working on a new one all while trying to get ready to leave town. I was on cruise control for months and of course the chit hits the fan right when I am getting ready for vacation. I have barely had a chance to catch my breath. Anyway, I will definitely get with Joe when I get back and and maybe try out some of the suggestions from all of you.

I have found that clothing makes my packs slip, especially polyester. I lift up my shirt before tightening the belt so that the belt and lumbar support is directly on my skin. Pack slip happens more for me during the summer training walks when it's hot. The fabrics seem to heat up, absorb more moisture, and stretch more. When I get in cooler weather I don't notice it. I don't like to have the shoulder straps touching my shoulders and so this causes me to want to ride the frame higher than it is probably designed for or needs to be.

7a58568bc1dc17d664c884da2af00ff2.jpg

ec3b4c1019d5e56fb3af0c8b7059069a.jpg

929feee6174a42fa69658980536d84bb.jpg

No ass and sliding waist belt here as well. I thought I was alone. I had two duplex frames in flat back before. Bikini/EMRII here. In the pack are two 50# bags of softener salt. Help, the clock is ticking!

The power pulls don't work for me either. I have to feed slack back through and tighten via old school way. They do work until I really need the tension then its like my body won't compress enough. My shoulder straps at the bottom of the frame are almost as tight as they can get, maybe 1/2" from as small as they will go. Maybe I need a 24" frame and bigger belt.

Back