Diesel heater for wall tent?

Titan

WKR
Of of the 4 I have, the hcalory toolbox all in one has the best setup. You can use the internal tank or pull from a 5 gallon Jerry can pretty easily. It goes on sale for $120-40 and comes with a 12v to 110v inverter plug. You can run directly off a power station.

You will have to use some heater vent for the intake though

I've seen quite a few of these in use in ice shacks, hunting trailers, etc. When they work, they work great. After dealing with a constant error code that I couldn't ever figure out (customer support is non-existent) in zub zero temps last season, I decided that I'm moving back to a simple propane stove that vents out side. It doesn't move air and is harder to regulate, but the simplicity is hard to beat.

Are y'all piping the heat tube through a stove jack port or is it cool enough to just zip it into a tent door?

I purchased an Hcalory suitcase style diesel heater to try in my kodiak canvas 10x10 this season. Works really well with "dry" heat being the biggest plus. I set it up outside and pipe the warm air duct through the "back door". Seems to be very fuel efficient and seems to burn a little cleaner with diesel/ kerosene mix. I run it off a deep cycle battery with no issues as far as run time goes.

I believe with most of these diesel heaters the LCD control panel has a thermostat in them but they mount to the front of the unit. You can buy a plug and play wire extender on Amazon for cheap so you can then place the thermostat into the heated space for more accurate thermostatic control.

Of of the 4 I have, the hcalory toolbox all in one has the best setup. You can use the internal tank or pull from a 5 gallon Jerry can pretty easily. It goes on sale for $120-40 and comes with a 12v to 110v inverter plug. You can run directly off a power station.

You will have to use some heater vent for the intake though
What size Hcalory are y'all using? That's the one I was gonna try out as well.

Titan

WKR
There are a couple Facebook groups to help with any issues. 99% of the time it’s undersized wires causing voltage drops. It needs some oomph on startup.

The heat tube does get toasty. With a cotton tent I’m not too worried. A synthetic would be a different story. Either way, I bury mine so that I don’t have an air gap on the flap of my tent.

5kw and 8kw are the exact same. Just false info from the Chinese suppliers. I would only go with the smaller unit if you have a small enclosed trailer, etc.

But one of the black totes with yellow lid to store and transport. Fits perfect and it never fails that a little diesel gets somewhere.

I use one of the Amazon diesel heaters quite a bit. So far, I’ve been pretty happy with it. Mine has a remote and also has a manual mode I usually run mine on 1 out of 10 (lowest setting) and then crank it up in the morning. Goes all night on less than a gallon, the battery will usually be pretty low by morning. I use a solar panel and charge controller and the battery is usually fully charged by lunch time. Still use other options but really like this set up for certain situations. I enjoy the noise also. Like others have stated, the smell comes from the aftermarket hose extension. If you use too much extension hose you may have issues with overheating the unit.

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
I use one of the Amazon diesel heaters quite a bit. So far, I’ve been pretty happy with it. Mine has a remote and also has a manual mode I usually run mine on 1 out of 10 (lowest setting) and then crank it up in the morning. Goes all night on less than a gallon, the battery will usually be pretty low by morning. I use a solar panel and charge controller and the battery is usually fully charged by lunch time. Still use other options but really like this set up for certain situations. I enjoy the noise also. Like others have stated, the smell comes from the aftermarket hose extension. If you use too much extension hose you may have issues with overheating the unit.
what kind of battery do you use? a car battery or a power bank?

Titan

WKR
I use a 1200wh power station. For not much more than a deep cycle battery, it sure is a lot more convenient. Plus you get all the extras and 110v

GoatPackr

WKR

This is a great option. Easy to use. Durable construction. Relatively small and lightweight.
I have a brand new one for sale if anyone wants it.
I changed my mind and went with a diesel heater for my trailer.

I was thinking about picking one of these diesel heaters that don't take electricity but don't know much about them. Anyone have experience with these types?
these work really well. spent many nights in a 12x20 wall tent at -40 and this kept us warm all night, without having to get up and stoke a fire. when we spend the weekends and this guys tent I bring my fall sleeping bag with me and leave the big bag at home

Espar and Webasto are big names. I'm not sure I would trust one of the cheap Chinease units, although some people seem to be happy with them. I have an Espar and it works well. Diesel heat is nice as it doesn't create any moisture like burning propane, but does require electricity for the controller, fan, and fuel pump.

z987k

WKR
The electricity part kills it for me. We camp for a week or more and the weight of a battery big enough to support that puts an end to the idea.