Did you notice any difference after cleaning your suppressor?

OP
MuleyFever
Dont know. I was just thinking about if I should clean it. I have around 300 rounds through it with a 20" 7 SAUM and 7 PRC.

TxLite

WKR
Dont know. I was just thinking about if I should clean it. I have around 300 rounds through it with a 20" 7 SAUM and 7 PRC.
Like @justin davis said, center fire cans are considered self cleaning. 300 rounds wouldn’t even be on my radar. However, Silencerco told me to mag dump 556 in my hybrid and specwar to get them hot enough to clean them if I felt they needed cleaning. I think if you are shooting enough rounds consecutively with your saum or prc it should get hot enough to burn out any buildup

Ucsdryder

WKR
Sound will change for the first couple shots. If I don’t clean mine carbon flakes will start falling into the action. It’s bad enough that I couldn’t chamber a round on a hunt 3 years ago. Now I clean it in October before the first hunt. I have a tbac and cleaning it couldn’t be easier. Fill with CLR and rinse with hot water. Done.

83cj-7

WKR
A couple years back I finally cleaned my Surefire .30 cal suppressor. It was supposed to weight 19oz and it weighed 25oz when I decided to clean it. The can was much quieter after cleaning it. I don’t know the exact round count through it to get it that dirty, but since several barrels were shot out with it, I’d guess 4-5 thousand rounds.

Was wondering about this.

I need to clean my can, weighed it the other day and we are at 3 ounces. I sure hope it doesn’t poi shift but I do expect it will be a few db louder for a couple rounds.