Did anyone 'Corner Cross' this year while hunting?

Rich M

WKR
Never had so cannot lose. Your interpretation is incorrect, but of course you just wanted to post about the relevant issue of slavery.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
It's an emotional topic to some - those folks feel a loss they never personally experienced.

WY Hunt Planner Map quote:
Access Notes - Public lands in the southern portion of this hunt area in a checkerboard pattern, where every other square mile is privately owned, and therefore mostly inaccessible. The northern portion has large, contiguous Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands with good access.

They spell it out pretty good - don't expect access. Yeah, some folks have a get out of jail free memo.

I was last there in 2017 and LEO told me don't corner cross. So, what do I do take an internet guy's word for it or LEO's? LoL! Drive across the country and trespass cause the internet folks said it was okay, the guy who said he'd ticket you said don't do it, but we got this memo and you can bring it to court when you come back to fight the charge. LoL!

Guy was talking about how bad Republicans are so it musta been bad when Lincoln freed the slaves - right? BLM and such was put in place while Democrats were in office. Why didn't they mandate public access to all the landlocked pieces. That's how relevant it is.

Gobbler36

WKR
The amount of inaccessible public lands in this country makes me sick. it also makes me even more sick at the number of mostly trust fund asshole private landowners who get to enjoy all that public land like its their own while everyone else pays for it, and then we sit around have debates about whether or not its ok to ”cross” someone’s ******* airspace
give me a break….. that’s all carry on

just had to vent right quick

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
Geeze didn't think it would get so out of hand but I should have known better!

Ok back to the OP question.... Maybe I did maybe I didn't!! If BLM touches BLM and I have legal access to the first one, I just feel we should be able to hunt it soooo! We can argue all day but won't matter. It's not right and I think we all agree on that!

Last edited:

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
This is correct. It's not trespassing if it's not posted. However it is always trespassing if you are hunting without permission.
Quick question, if it's not posted can I legally drive his 2track to get to blm across his pasture?

It's an emotional topic to some - those folks feel a loss they never personally experienced.

WY Hunt Planner Map quote:
Access Notes - Public lands in the southern portion of this hunt area in a checkerboard pattern, where every other square mile is privately owned, and therefore mostly inaccessible. The northern portion has large, contiguous Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands with good access.

They spell it out pretty good - don't expect access. Yeah, some folks have a get out of jail free memo.

I was last there in 2017 and LEO told me don't corner cross. So, what do I do take an internet guy's word for it or LEO's? LoL! Drive across the country and trespass cause the internet folks said it was okay, the guy who said he'd ticket you said don't do it, but we got this memo and you can bring it to court when you come back to fight the charge. LoL!

Guy was talking about how bad Republicans are so it musta been bad when Lincoln freed the slaves - right? BLM and such was put in place while Democrats were in office. Why didn't they mandate public access to all the landlocked pieces. That's how relevant it is.
Big difference between an LEO telling you "don't do it" and saying they will ticket you if you do. Most likely it was a "I don't want to have to deal with the landowner so do me a favor and don't do it" kind of don't do it.

And I have no idea what party affiliations have to do with corner crossing. The land belongs to all of us.

Rich M

WKR
Big difference between an LEO telling you "don't do it" and saying they will ticket you if you do. Most likely it was a "I don't want to have to deal with the landowner so do me a favor and don't do it" kind of don't do it.

And I have no idea what party affiliations have to do with corner crossing. The land belongs to all of us.
Nope. He made it clear that he saw it as an illegal activity and would ticket anyone he caught doing it.

Does the land really belong to us? No access, no use. Other places have stringent rules regarfding access and use. Doesn’t seem like we own it at all.

Some party affiliations seem to go further for allowing hunting and land use. Some vote to ban guns. I didnt start that part of the comments, just responded to someone else’s statement.

Nope. He made it clear that he saw it as an illegal activity and would ticket anyone he caught doing it.

Does the land really belong to us? No access, no use. Other places have stringent rules regarfding access and use. Doesn’t seem like we own it at all.

Some party affiliations seem to go further for allowing hunting and land use. Some vote to ban guns. I didnt start that part of the comments, just responded to someone else’s statement.
So he actually said he would ticket someone? If that's true then I'm still a bit suspicious. Typically local LE's in places like that don't want to upset the landowners and will bluff all they can to avoid that possibility. But then he could have been serious. Hard to know for sure.

Does the land really belong to us? Easy answer. Yes. And it's being held hostage by private individuals.

Please name the party that is voting to "ban guns" Oh wait, that's both parties. LOL And that really has nothing to do with this topic at all. Unless you want to suggest that one party supports the privilege of wealthy and well-connected individual landowners above the rights of the public landowner (i.e. "working man"). In which case that's pretty easy to see.

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
Umm no.

I hunted a unit this year with a decent amount of private. One of the locals told me the the landowner "doesn't mind" trespassing on the mountain, they are only care about the lower/private lands.

I am not sure I can rely upon defense testimony of 2 70+ year old guys on a Razor to defend me in court! I think I chose wisely.

Rich M

WKR
So he actually said he would ticket someone? If that's true then I'm still a bit suspicious. Typically local LE's in places like that don't want to upset the landowners and will bluff all they can to avoid that possibility. But then he could have been serious. Hard to know for sure.

Does the land really belong to us? Easy answer. Yes. And it's being held hostage by private individuals.

Please name the party that is voting to "ban guns" Oh wait, that's both parties. LOL And that really has nothing to do with this topic at all. Unless you want to suggest that one party supports the privilege of wealthy and well-connected individual landowners above the rights of the public landowner (i.e. "working man"). In which case that's pretty easy to see.
Why do you think i have such a strong opinion? LEO told me it was illegal. LoL! The internet doesn’t trump the guy w badge and authority to ruin my day.

When you can access the land and make decisions about its use, you own it, you dont own all the public land. Tha various govt agencies do. They drcide who does what and where and when.

You cant pick or choose who gets stronger land rights. Those who own the land have rights. You may own a house with a fenced in backyard and a play set for your kids. Why dont you let the neighborhood kids use it whenever they like?

You’ve already set up the us and them based on wealth. Why not just use the existing laws? We don’t show a bias there. Most folks dont want to own land. Those who do tend to already own some.

Why do you think i have such a strong opinion? LEO told me it was illegal. LoL! The internet doesn’t trump the guy w badge and authority to ruin my day.

When you can access the land and make decisions about its use, you own it, you dont own all the public land. Tha various govt agencies do. They drcide who does what and where and when.

You cant pick or choose who gets stronger land rights. Those who own the land have rights. You may own a house with a fenced in backyard and a play set for your kids. Why dont you let the neighborhood kids use it whenever they like?

You’ve already set up the us and them based on wealth. Why not just use the existing laws? We don’t show a bias there. Most folks dont want to own land. Those who do tend to already own some.
I think it has yet to be seen if we can access our land. Isn't that what this thread is about?

And in fact who gets which "rights" to the land is decided all the time. Google "realty bundle of sticks" sometime.

Last edited:
Just because LEO says it's illegal doesn't mean it is. I've had two encounters where LEO tried to pull some shit with me and in the end that didn't fly and they were wrong... in one case I got a phone call and grovelling apology as well.

Back to the topic from OP, no I didn't corner cross and I had a place I really wanted to access which I could have with a corner cross but I'm still leery of dealing with arguments and potential hassles. It's a shame because we should all be able to access lands that are "public".

The amount of inaccessible public lands in this country makes me sick. it also makes me even more sick at the number of mostly trust fund asshole private landowners who get to enjoy all that public land like its their own while everyone else pays for it, and then we sit around have debates about whether or not its ok to ”cross” someone’s ******* airspace
give me a break….. that’s all carry on

just had to vent right quick
This^

bsnedeker

WKR
I did! Actually ran into a ranch hand on horseback while I was in the corner chunk and he didn't say a word to me, just kind of glared at me and rode off.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk