Did any NonRes NOT apply for 2023 Wyoming elk?

I think he's concerned that the 125,000 nr that didn't apply for an Elk hunt and only bought a point in 2022 might jump in after seeing all the talk of possible changes coming in the future.
Agreed. But he assumes that they are all on Rokslide or a podcast and aware of any proposals. Most don’t know much about what lies ahead. The rate of point creep has always risen but that’s simply because we now have lots of people who jumped in the game 4-6 years ago as western hunting became more popular and are now in the point bracket to draw. I don’t think the talks on the internet about the sky falling have very much affect. A little surely but I doubt we’ll ever see a 2 point jump for general licenses in a single year. Never say never though!!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nope. Really have no intention of playing the point creep game again in Wyoming

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jlw0142

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt. I thought about buying points, but I havent yet so im not sure if i should now. Skeptical of the points system and hoping they do away with the option to buy points without applying, as that REALLY inflates the points and makes opportunity way harder to obtain as a nonresident. Who knows, just thought I'd see if anyone else had an opinion on that.

Trial153

WKR
Yea, I didn’t apply. I am going to draw a decent tag in another state so I am going to spend September with that. Coupled with the other four hunts I planned this year it’s too busy to entertain anything more other than a random sheep tag or Lower 48 moose tag.

Mojave

WKR
M Me neither I would have two points to get a couch tag but not really worth my time and I’m moving back to alaska this fall

nvkevin

FNG
Nope. I have an ID archery bull tag in my pocket. Work won’t allow me to be gone for the whole month of September, so I settle for half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Going this year, finally. 4 points and put in for Special General. Leaving CO archery behind this year and picking up a rifle for a CO bull tag.

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
I only put in for a cow tag, I’ll toss my hat in the ring next year for a general tag but might not draw depending on if the sky falls or not.

wytx

WKR
I didnt. I thought about buying points, but I havent yet so im not sure if i should now. Skeptical of the points system and hoping they do away with the option to buy points without applying, as that REALLY inflates the points and makes opportunity way harder to obtain as a nonresident. Who knows, just thought I'd see if anyone else had an opinion on that.
Great idea or make point sharing illegal.

Didnt put in. Wanted to, too many other people involved that can’t put in some effort to do some homework. Wait another year or 2 I guess to hopefully find another like minded person. The possible changes/point creep don’t bother me much, just need people that “want” to go to actually bring something to the table.

Didnt put in. Wanted to, too many other people involved that can’t put in some effort to do some homework. Wait another year or 2 I guess to hopefully find another like minded person. The possible changes/point creep don’t bother me much, just need people that “want” to go to actually bring something to the table.
That’s never easy. I try to keep a steady partner. But things change. People switch jobs, buy a house, have kids. Everyone has something to bring to the table even if it’s just a pleasant hard working camp partner. Anything but a negative attitude or a quitter. A good partner has to be able to stay confident and upbeat to the end. You should be at least a little picky about who you hunt with. A bad partner ruins everything. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies that DIDNT apply for Wyoming.

It will be interesting to see how much PP creep jumps - no matter who tells you to use your PPs.
after 10 months of talking about it it sure will be interesting to see how many points it’ll jump. I’m as interested to see that every year as I am my own draw results.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
As the the title says... Did any NonRes NOT apply for Wyo elk this year?

I didnt - a Wyoming elk hunt just didnt fit my hunting schedule this year
No I didn’t only put in for Wyoming once to hard to draw a tag. I’d much rather give my $ to Wyoming than Colorado liberals but we found a nice private land DIY spot and can get tags every year