Did any NonRes NOT apply for 2023 Wyoming elk?

Lower odds Reduced cow tags only. I was going to shoot the moon on a bull tag but didn’t feel like fronting the money. Schedule and a Alaska trip got in the way this year

DaleW

WKR
Didn't apply. I'll keep buying points but once i draw that's probably a wrap WY tags for me.

dtrkyman

WKR
Not me, wanted too but may try and get out next year, I have 7 or 8 points and once I cash em in I will be done with WY.

My brother’s friend’s nephew’s boss’s wife’s twin sister applied but I am just loving them points things again.

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
I used to apply every year. Now that they sit on my money for 6 months I'm a little more strategic about when I apply...

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
I did not. Pick up 5th point this year and apply for 2024.

I hunted with an outfitter in wilderness last year. I’ve been a guide for almost 20 years. What a racket. WY is so misguided and about to increase Special cost 200%. Also pass a bill to decrease NR D/E/A tags by 50% increasing creep somewhat exponentially. The Cody guide association has already gotten together and price set future hunts 100% more than current price. Basically the hunting mafia. Everyone bend over.
Their plan worked, I’m done and will never give them another dime. It’s the most selfish display towards opportunity and hunter community engagement I’ve ever witnessed. I hope this is the worst shift I see in my lifetime and the example is shunned.
I wish you all the best of luck to cash out soon.

Last edited:
A lot of you didn’t listen to Father Newberg… EVERYONE needs to apply!!!!
If ya'll really want to see something funny. Go to thread on Newberg's forum asking the very same thing and the results are a 180 from here. Seems like ALL of them applied. LOL

But yes, applied in random. I want to hunt bugling bull elk every year. Odds have gotten so horrible, my partner and I apply in about every freaking draw just hoping ONE of us gets lucky to land a tag. Considering opportunities will only keep decreasing, trying to take advantage of what little opportunity we have left as NR to elk states.