Diamondback spotter

gunsmith89

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at the diamondback spotters. How do they compare to others as far as glass quality? Is there something that would be recommended above them between the 5-800 dollar range?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you considered the Athlon Ares 15-45x65 UHD?

• UHD Glass: Extra-low dispersion glass gives you an image with little or no chromatic fringe so the final result brings an ultimate clearest and sharpest image to your eyes
  • Interchangeable: Eyepiece Interchangeable Eyepiece allows you to swap the standard variable power eyepiece with a fixed 24 power eyepiece with a MIL ranging reticle in it.
  • ESP Dielectric Coating: ESP Dielectric Coating is a multi layer prism coating that reflects over 99% of the light to your eyes bringing you a clear, bright image that displays accurate color reproduction.
  • Aluminum Alloy Chassis: Aluminum alloy chassis offers you the strength of a metal chassis and the life time durability.
  • XPL Coating: XPL Coating gives you an extra protection on the exterior lenses from dirt, oil and scratches
  • Bak4 Prism: Bak-4 glass prisms reflect more light to your eyes thus will give you brighter and sharper image.
  • Advanced Fully Multi-Coated: Advanced Fully Multi-Coated lenses bring you better light transmission to bring optimum brightness and true color across the entire light spectrum.
  • Argon Purged: Argon Purging uses the inertia gas with bigger size molecules to purge any moisture out of the tube giving you better waterproofing and thermal stability .
  • Waterproof: Waterproof to protect the binocular in the harshest weather conditions or if accidently submerged underwater
  • Rotating Ring: Rotating Ring allows you to rotate the scope around tripod supporting ring into the most comfortable and convenient angle for observation

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
You can pick up an old model Japan made Vortex razor spotting scope off of ebay. I lugged around a cheaper spotter for a couple seasons and decided it was worthless to my eyes over 18 power and heavy. That old model vortex is the lowest quality i would recommend. It serves many guys well and is a good value. I do not recommend any of the new vortex models, the quality in my opinion has gone downhill. $800 can get you a Japan made razor you will actually enjoy using. Here's two new for sale right now-

Matt G.

WKR
Probably include the new maven spotter as well.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Buffalo

FNG
I have been using one and it’s ok. It is definitely limited but works out to half a mile or so, in good light. I saw a deer at about a mile in the shade and had a hard time telling it had antlers. These are pictures from about 500 yds hand holding a phone. I’m looking to upgrade for sure. If you could get one used maybe do it if your funds are limited but I’d spend the extra money and get something nicer if you can.

Attachments

• B66B6A25-C350-4776-9D52-7189B506B3D0.jpeg
    B66B6A25-C350-4776-9D52-7189B506B3D0.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 6C5313C4-7350-453E-9922-F2F3C6B4CE73.jpeg
    6C5313C4-7350-453E-9922-F2F3C6B4CE73.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 33

NMT

FNG
I'd recommend the razor, I bought the diamondback 20-60x85 and its ok with anything below 30x ish but quality and identification really falls off past that. If you are using it to count points and score animals from glassing points get the razor. If you are just trying to find animals the diamondback would work but buy the razor if you can.