DG-360

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone here ever hunt goats in DG-360? Hunted them lots of other places just not that unit. Drew the tag this year

Aaron

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Yeah, fairly decent goat unit. Accessed with aircraft. Lots of black bears. A few nice moose in there too. There's a cabin on a rough little PA-18 strip in the head of one of those little valleys, north of Portlock.

OP
R

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
It's in Alaska. Across Kachemak bay from Homer. Well not directly across the bay

OP
R

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
I won't be using a plane to get in. Beyond my budget these days. But I've done lots of saltwater to goat country in other areas of the state. SE, Kodiak, and PWS. I know it's going to suck to get into goat country. Always does.

I won't be using a plane to get in. Beyond my budget these days. But I've done lots of saltwater to goat country in other areas of the state. SE, Kodiak, and PWS. I know it's going to suck to get into goat country. Always does.

I wouldn't attempt to walk into DG360 from the beach.

OP
R

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt get a goat. The guy that went with me quit about 1/2 way up the hill. Sucks, he saud he wanted to go but clearly his heart wasnt in it

d_worno-1986

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt get a goat. The guy that went with me quit about 1/2 way up the hill. Sucks, he saud he wanted to go but clearly his heart wasnt in it

Hey there, I actually drew this tag for fall 2024. I helped my buddy do this same hunt last year. So I already have my game plan and time frame set. but, Id be interested to hear more about how your hunt an planning went. If you want to chat and keep info private, shoot me a PM