Defiance wait

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
When I ordered my action, there was a 40 week lead time. It should have been ready next week. I asked if it was still on track and was told today that it is 5 months behind. I am stuck. I would cancel but I already have the barrel and stock for a defiance. Thought about seeing if a dealer had one in stock but they increased the price.
I don’t know why the website says they are taking new orders if they are 13 or more months behind. Hope this may help someone with their decision making.

I was hoping to build a rifle on a defiance anti x but after talking with a gun builder they were unsure about lead times and apparently how they order has all changed. Sounds like they may even be going away from using their actions.

It’s just hard to know what direction I should go now they are getting other stuff in but heavier and doesn’t have a machined rail.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I have Zermatt, Borden, Surgeon and Defiance. Of the 4, I like the Defiance the best. They’re all great actions. There’s been a lot of mud slinging towards Defiance lately. I hope they can come around and address operations to be in line with other’s prices. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with a Defiance.

With that said, these are the concerns when purchasing a custom action. You never know long term viability of the company. I went through the same thing with Surgeon. I have an early one when Preston was at the helm. It’s a great action as well but Surgeon isn’t the same company that started.

OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
I am not meaning to sling mud. I cannot speak for quality as I have never touched one. I researched quite a bit and Defiance is what I have my heart set on. That being said, if I had known it would be over a year wait, I would have gone with something else.

Sevens

WKR
I'd sell the barrel and buy a Kelbly's Nanook! Saw some for sale recently at Altus and J&A Outdoors (no relation, but bought actions from both companies before with great results).

Kelbly will even spin you a pre-fit for the action if you send them the barrel.