Decadron Shot — increased RHR?

Will_m

WKR
I had a decade on shot over a week ago. Never had allergies in my life but came down with what seems like the worst sinus infection ever. Crippling head pressure that has been present for almost a month.

Anyway, the np at the local doc in a box proceeded to tell me that I must have developed allergies but the gave me dexamethasone and antibiotic shot with a pack.

Hasn’t really touched the sinus problem but my resting heart rate has increased by ten beats per minute and it’s been like this for over a week now. All my metrics hrv, resting heart rate, sleep score, etc look like I have been drinking every night.

Has anybody had this happen and when can I expect it to go away? Damn cure is way worse than the disease.

Idaboy

WKR
Was is a "depomedrol" shot or decadron? Decadron should be well metabolized by now...if it was depomedrol that is a slow release form

OP
W

Will_m

WKR
Was is a "depomedrol" shot or decadron? Decadron should be well metabolized by now...if it was depomedrol that is a slow release form
It was dexamethasone. Maybe it was the rocephin or z pack? Either way something definitely isn’t right

hoff1ck

WKR
Steroids and the illness you’re describing can both do it, likely a combo of both.

It’ll likely take until closer to full recovery for your metrics to recover, but nothing to be overly concerned about. It is pretty incredible though how long it can take even with what we conceive as a fairly minor illness.

Split toe

WKR
Steroids and the illness you’re describing can both do it, likely a combo of both.

It’ll likely take until closer to full recovery for your metrics to recover, but nothing to be overly concerned about. It is pretty incredible though how long it can take even with what we conceive as a fairly minor illness.
This. Give it time.

bis534

FNG
I usually can't sleep for a night or maybe two after a "1&1" as my favorite nurse calls them.
She particlarly enjoys jetting it in my rear and watching me squirm from the blue-flame sensation it causes down my *** into my thigh.
They usually provide fast relief for congestion, in my case.
Are you exposing yourself to anything new? Detergents, carpet, furniture etc contain chemicals that can trigger your response?
I've been cursed with allergies since day 1.
Grain dust, animal dander, pollen etc.
And my chosen profession? Farming

Do you sleep with a CPAP by chance?